• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Safety of psychedelics during/post adderall?

morphine-dreams

Bluelighter
So I'm just wondering how safe this is for your cardiovascular system. I've dropped acid while coming down from adderall and it was awesome but I felt kind of shitty after, though I also stayed up all night so that was probably the main reason. I only did 30mg of adderall today and I'm thinking about doing a low dose of 4-aco-dmt. Also, is this as sedating/stoning as mushrooms? I mean, it should be, right? Thinking about using it to help with sleep tonight.

But back to the original question, I like using psychs regularly but I also use adderall about 3x a week for ADHD and I'd like to know if it's a bad idea to trip at night after taking adderall, or even while I'm still on adderall. It seems like it would be a lot of vasoconstriction, though I didn't feel any more than usual when I did acid after adderall.

I wouldn't mix the two. Not sure about the vasoconstriction one way or another, but it adds a stronger element of anxiety/paranoia to the trip for a lot of people, which isn't something you want. I also do not think that psychedelics would be any sort of sleep aid, because they generally make it difficult or impossible to sleep not help you fall asleep.

I actually didn't get any anxiety or paranoia at all when I did adderall/acid, extreme euphoria actually, but I don't usually get a significant comedown from adderall anyway. I lose focus and still have residual stimulation, maybe not be in an amazing mood but I basically feel neutral (at my normal doses anyway). As for sleep, totally agree when it comes to most of psychedelics but mushrooms are very sedating to me and 4-aco should be pretty much identical in effects. Anyway, if I do it tonight it'll be a low dose. I don't plan on actually tripping tonight. Just want to get a feel for it.

I don't think the kind of use you're suggesting is particularly dangerous (at least not more dangerous than combining drugs generally), provided you have an otherwise clean bill of cardiovascular health.

I do think it depends on the drug though. If you combine Adderall with lysergamides or phenethylamines I think you're going to be overstimulated and have an awful comedown every time - and that will in general be less healthy. Tryptamines might be another story, but I'm not sure.

I suggest that you also adhere to general best practices for combining drugs, i.e. start at low doses and titrate upward carefully.

I ended up doing a little under 15mg, it was edgy during the come up but since the peak it's been all good, and it did what I wanted it to-I'm really tired. But yeah I'm glad I didn't dose higher and I don't think I'll do psychedelics with adderall anymore because I feel like it would've been so much better if I didn't take amps today. I'm still pretty impressed though, shit was SUPER colorful and the high felt warm and fuzzy. And physically I feel fine. All in all, I'm glad I did it but I probably won't do it again.

I've smoked salvia on adderall (right when the adderall hit me too). It didn't give me a bad trip, but it was a little uncomfortable and I got kinda panicy toward the end of the trip, and my heart raced a lot and i couldn't sit still. So. thats the only experience I have to offer, and if you're used to both drug classes you should be fine. It won't necessarily harm you, but, honestly, you might get really bad anxiety or start freaking out. I mean, even though my trip on salvia was fine with adderall, you're using different drugs. And though my trip wasn't bad, I felt scared at the end and thought I would trip forever and I got some bad anxiety.