• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random Safety in social media friendship interactions.

somnilicious

Bluelighter
I've been talking to this girl who accidentally messaged me while trying to contact a friend. We've traded some limited, general information about ourselves and I've friended her on several social media accounts.

My question for the more tech savvy is how much information is too much information to exchange in the event she is a fishing predator? Could she do something nefarious with basic information such as partial name, birthday, phone # and the general area in which I reside?

My intuition says to stay away from anyone who contacts me first. That's just me though.

I've been doxxed on BL and they know my full name birthday and address.

I keep to myself. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

i used to do some skip tracing in my collections days and the u.s. is a verrrrrrry easy country for finding out about people.

based on the information you've given, it should be possible to find out if you have a criminal record or own property.

think of every bit of data about you as a thread that can be pulled on to expose even more data, which can then be used to confirm other pieces of data.

the more pieces of data someone has on you, the easier it is for them to complete the puzzle

i dont trust anyone anymore including my Self

my gf is a cool chick, we met irl