• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Safest way to crystallize my iso extract (amp)?

FloridaHighs

Bluelighter
OK so it's been a long time but I just have a quick question for you, my fellow drug nerds! So I've recently gotten a bunch of 10mg IR adderall and I believe the safest way to take such a thing in its purest form with no harmful binders. So I did a simple IPA extraction with some coffee filters and double boiled the extract down to nothing. Now it is a paste - is it because I used 91% iso with a little water still in it? Do I just let it dry? or is it like cocaine where I have to use acetone? I'd like to know before I carry on for safety/yield reasons, Thanks.

What route of administration are you planning to take this by? If it's orally, extracting the amphetamine with isopropanol is overkill - the binders etc in Adderall XR are just fine for oral usage.
Don't be suprised if the isopropanol ends up pulling out some of the binders anyway...

If you used 91% and not 99% isopropanol then your product will be wet/gummy. The lazy man's way for dealing with this is generally by sticking it under a heat lamp and/or a fan. Or you can dissolve whatever you have in e.g. dichloromethane and then dry it with a drying agent, filter, & evap again (if you have the tools and know-how)

I suspect that amphetamine salts extracted from Adderall will be hygroscopic and it will eventually revert to a paste anyway.

Not sure if this ventures into synthesis discussion... delete if necessary.

Why not perform an A/B? Freebase the amp paste, suck up with dry acetone, salt with acid of your choice (preferably not sulfuric acid).

^ Exactly. Amphetamine salts are likely soluble in alcohols including IPA, but it's just making things way more complicated than they may be.

So basically you should have dissolved the pills in water or slightly acidic aq. solution (filter the junk), basify, then wash with an organic solvent immiscible with water (ether, DCM, chloroform, whatever you have) and then make your amphetamine freebase into a salt, gassing with HCl would be best in terms of getting your salt dry.

Last edited: