• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Safest amp for weaning off amps

Built240

Bluelighter
Long story short I was prescribed adderall 2 years ago and I don't have ADD/ADHD. The problem is after trying it I got hooked. Can't work, train at gym or do anything active without it. My Dr finally switched me to vyvanse. It's not bad but too weak. My overall goal is to get off all meds. I've been on lexapro for 5 years at 20mg. My dr recently prescribed me 150mg Wellbutrin to help with getting off stims. My main health concerns is I want something that causes the least increase in blood pressure and heart rate and least neurotransmitter damage but will still give me the awake feeling I now depend on to get through the day. From researching it seems like l-amp causes much worse cardiac sides than d-amp so I no longer want adderall. The d-amp only in vyvanse is nice but I crash after around 4hrs so I need 2 per day. So here are my thoughts. Keep in mind I am going to a new Dr to explain all this so anything illegal I won't be able to get. So I'm thinking either ask for 2 doses of vyvanse or maybe ask for Dexedrine instead? I've never used it before. I metabolize stims very fast hence why vyvanse only lasts 3-4hrs for me(once it kicks in). Ive tried 200mg mondafinil and it does nothing for me. 37.5mg phentermine is ok but I'm not really a fan and it doesn't last that long. I need long clean energy that lasts about 8hrs total. I've never tried ritilan so not sure how that will be. So basically when I talk to my new Dr I need some advice on what to take that has the least cardiac and neurotransmitter side effects that I can slowly taper off with in time and finally be done with amps? I want to get back to the days were coffee in the morning was enough and a pre workout energy drink before the gym was enough. Now I could literally drink 5 red bulls and go to sleep ;(. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
If you can get your hands on desoxyn (prescription methamphetamine) that is considered the safest amphetamine - not recreationally, but therapeutically. concerta last 12 hours (extended release ritalin). Or dexedrine, like you mentioned is a good idea. But I think two vyvanse doses is a better option.

Yes, just because stepped on, impure recreational overdoses cause serious ill effects, does not mean that responsible therapeutic use isn't safe.

I'll plan on asking my new Dr about desoxyn and dexedrine. What about ritilan? Is it safer than those? I mainly need the energy don't need anything for ADD.

Thats a matter of taste and dose really. Best answer is none. Realistic answer Adderall. If you can get Desoxyn, maybe.

^ Honestly it may be good for you to taper with the drug you were originally prescribed.

Correct me if I'm wrong please, but doesn't ritalin and oher NDRIs only increase concentration? I get it is a stim, but amps act differently, like giving you energy, increase muscle strength in appropriate dosages.

NDRI inhibits the release of dopamine, right?

No. Methylphenidate is energizing too. It is a noradrenergic agent after all, but yes, amphetamine's give more energy.

No. NDRI's do not inhibit the release of dopamine - they increase levels of it in the synaptic cleft.

Well since starting 150mg Wellbutrin XL about 10 days ago that supposedly is a reuptake inhibitor as well and I have felt absolutely nothing from it but I'm guessing that's probably because it doesn't increase the neurotransmitters nearly like I'm used to from the Adderall.

Adderall doesn't really increase them per se like wellbutrin does; it releases them. And that's an incredibly low dose of wellbutrin, and the extended release versions are known for being inefficacious. Get on IR bupropion and see how that goes. I'm on 150mg IR 4 x a day. And that has noticeable stimulation and dopaminergic effectss.

No: as a formulation itself I am talking about. The extended release and sustained release are vastly inferior and ineffective compared to the IR bupropion. They are basicallly worthless compared to it.

Well since starting 150mg Wellbutrin XL about 10 days ago that supposedly is a reuptake inhibitor as well and I have felt absolutely nothing from it but I'm guessing that's probably because it doesn't increase the neurotransmitters nearly like I'm used to from the Adderall.

High dosages of bupropion - 450mg - 600mg (although these dosages can cauze seizures, it's been shown to be pretty low. But it's risky - I'm on anticonvulsants for pain and migraines so it's no problem to me) feel like a potent CNS stimulant, not unlike amphetamine, and very similar to methylphenidate - which it's pharmacology is similar to. 750 is outright cocaine like. but 900 and greater is rift with anticholinergic activity that interferes with the stimulant effects and is quite unpleasant as all bloody hell. This is from the prescribing information:

Abuse

Humans: Controlled clinical trials conducted in normal volunteers, in subjects with a history of multiple drug abuse, and in depressed subjects showed some increase in motor activity and agitation/excitement, often typical of central stimulant activity.

In a population of individuals experienced with drugs of abuse, a single oral dose of 400 mg of Bupropion produced mild amphetamine-like activity as compared with placebo on the Morphine-Benzedrine Subscale of the Addiction Research Center Inventories (ARCI) and a score greater than placebo but less than 15 mg of the Schedule II stimulant dextroamphetamine on the Liking Scale of the ARCI. These scales measure general feelings of euphoria and drug liking which are often associated with abuse potential.

Findings in clinical trials, however, are not known to reliably predict the abuse potential of drugs. Nonetheless, evidence from single-dose trials does suggest that the recommended daily dosage of Bupropion when administered orally in divided doses is not likely to be significantly reinforcing to amphetamine or CNS stimulant abusers. However, higher doses (that could not be tested because of the risk of seizure) might be modestly attractive to those who abuse CNS stimulant drugs.

Bupropion hydrochloride extended-release tablets (SR) are intended for oral use only. The inhalation of crushed tablets or injection of dissolved Bupropion has been reported. Seizures and/or cases of death have been reported when Bupropion has been administered intranasally or by parenteral injection.

Animals: Studies in rodents and primates demonstrated that Bupropion exhibits some pharmacologic actions common to psychostimulants. In rodents, it has been shown to increase locomotor activity, elicit a mild stereotyped behavior response, and increase rates of responding in several schedule-controlled behavior paradigms. In primate models assessing the positive reinforcing effects of psychoactive drugs, Bupropion was self-administered intravenously. In rats, Bupropion produced amphetamine-like and cocaine-like discriminative stimulus effects in drug discrimination paradigms used to characterize the subjective effects of psychoactive drugs.