• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth Safe

Christar71

Greenlighter
What is a safe IV dose of meth and how much sterile water to mix for Harm Reduction. This will be for someone that is not a daily user and has not used the IV route often. Any advice would be appreciated and the safe steps for IV use.

A safe dosage for someone that hasn't IVd very much and isn't a daily user is kind of subjective. Do you know how much you've IVd previously? IMO starting out you should be good with 120-150mg( .12g-.15g).

I use at least .1cc of sterile water to every .1g of meth so for a .15g shot use .2cc sterile water or more. Ideally, you should use a bit more to dilute the caustic solution as much as possible. The extra water and time it takes to inject are negligible and won't ruin the rush or make it any weaker.

As far as safe steps for IV what do you mean? Do you have specific questions or do you just need a guide to the process?

Have you IV'd before or are you simply putting forth your personal opinion? .12g isn't an unexpected amount to for an IV user to shoot, that's actually along the lighter side from what I know, particularly for someone that is a user and has previously IV'd. Pushing the dosage would be more a long the lines of .5g or greater. All usage has more than just cardiac effects but specifically what are you referring to?

Peripheral noradrenergic signaling from amphetamines such as methamphetamine causes vasocontriction. For a nondaily user 120mg is nuts, desoxyn is prescribed at 5mg and psychonautwiki states 40mg+ IV is a "heavy' dose. Even regular amphetamine will put non tolerant users close to hypertensive crisis at doses of 120mg, in fact there was someone who reported that they took around that much vyvanse recently and had blurry vision which is a sign of bp of at least 180/120 which can rapidly result in death or other cardiac events. This sort of dosing in a non tolerant user is wildly dangerous

120mg of methamphetamine is a HUGE dose, I understand recreational users push dosages a lot but the cardiac effects would be pretty pronounced at that level I think
I'm aware of what wiki says about it. I can Google that as well so thanks for the unnecessary copy and paste.

Under Dosage on Erowid it says" Different peoples' metabolisms work at different rates, and drug strengths vary, so there is no way of stating a "safe" or "unsafe" level of use." Furthermore, those dosages are listed under the assumption that you are dosing with Pharmaceutical methamphetamine. Therefore the dosage guidelines are based on its purity and other known factors.

Also, you're listing details for a non-tolerant user starting out. Original Poster has already listed he not only uses but has previously IV'd. Therefore his tolerance levels will be significantly different than what a new users baseline would be.

I almost guarantee that the previous experiences the user had with IV were at doses over 50-100mg and more likely in range of 150-200mg. In the world of IV Methamphetamine doses typically begin at 100-150mg on the low end for recreational use.

Wiki provides factual information for legal and healthy (or indicated) use of substances. It is not a practical guideline in the recreational drug usage world. I'm trying to provide the Original Poster with practical knowledge from 10+ years of personal experience in order to prevent the user from being confused by misrepresented data and worst case scenarios.

Also, the maximum suggested dosage of Vyvanse is 70mg, of course twice the suggested dose has the ability to cause hypertensive crisis and blurry vision due to high blood pressure. Such symptoms are indicated as a possibility for any dosage of a stimulant. Once again, I speak from years personal experience, both prescribed and recreational.

Regurgitating search engine information that the user can find themselves is not useful for anyone.

So what's the maximum suggested dosage for methamphetamine? Why is it safer to assume they have an impure product rather than one with higher purity? OP states that while they have used before they are a non daily user meaning that they likely don't have such a tolerance. Advising someone use high doses as you've done is unsafe and irresponsible, so maybe you should have just echoed what the literature says about use in non tolerant people rather than your own personal experience of someone who uses impure product regularly

I'm not going to sit here an argue with on what real world dosing is like. I'm not trying to suggest wildly high or unsafe doses and if you'll ask real-world users you'll find the same information I'm giving you. On Reddit, for example, I would be considered conservative and many would suggest you begin at a higher level than what I'm advising which I strongly do not recommend.

The other poster is providing you with factual information from the perspective of a non-user and is relying solely upon what is medically reported. Furthermore, he's fear mongering you by pointing out worst case scenarios like hypertensive heart crises.

Of course there is risk, but I feel you're not asking about the risk. I feel you've already made your decision to do this and are looking for the most responsible way to go about it, correct?

Your experience/journey should be taken in a relaxed and confident state of mind. Not worried about all the worst possible outcomes. That said, if you need or want more information and non-biased resources, please feel free to get back to me

What is a safe IV dose of meth and how much sterile water to mix for Harm Reduction. This will be for someone that is not a daily user and has not used the IV route often. Any advice would be appreciated and the safe steps for IV use.
There is no 'safe' dose for IV street methamphetamine. Who knows how potent your product is or what it's cut with?

You speak of Harm Reduction - If it were me I wouldn't be going above 40mg IV in your situation

You can always take more, right? But you can't take less

It's crazy to me that you admit perfectly well that 120mg of vyvanse, which is just an amphetamine prodrug, is dangerous yet in the same breath suggest that 120mg of methamphetamine is totally fine when meth has the same NET affinity as amphetamine at around 0.1uM

The safe advice is to start low and if that doesn't do the trick titrate up to find a comfortable dose. Not bang over a point right off the bat

So what's the maximum suggested dosage for methamphetamine? Why is it safer to assume they have an impure product rather than one with higher purity? OP states that while they have used before they are a non daily user meaning that they likely don't have such a tolerance. Advising someone use high doses as you've done is unsafe and irresponsible, so maybe you should have just echoed what the literature says about use in non tolerant people rather than your own personal experience of someone who uses impure product regularly
It should be pointed out that we do not have the same meth that we did back in 2000, that's not even a debate, so the powerhouse dmeth that the dosages your referring to are absolutely correct but the weak stuff we unfortunately have today isn't even close to the same potency, I've seen people bang a gram out, I've personally iv'd over 600mg. So it's really up to the individual, but I can tell you, if you got some Joe schmo who's healthy off the street I would seriously doubt a .4 for a first time use ever would even come close to killing him, so the gentlemen who originally answered is being more than fair with his assessment and dosage recommendation IMO especially since the person who asked the question has used this drug before

It should be pointed out that we do not have the same meth that we did back in 2000, that's not even a debate, so the powerhouse dmeth that the dosages your referring to are absolutely correct but the weak stuff we unfortunately have today isn't even close to the same potency, I've seen people bang a gram out, I've personally iv'd over 600mg. So it's really up to the individual, but I can tell you, if you got some Joe schmo who's healthy off the street I would seriously doubt a .4 for a first time use ever would even come close to killing him, so the gentlemen who originally answered is being more than fair with his assessment and dosage recommendation imo
Thank you sir. I was starting to get frustrated.

It should be pointed out that we do not have the same meth that we did back in 2000, that's not even a debate, so the powerhouse dmeth that the dosages your referring to are absolutely correct but the weak stuff we unfortunately have today isn't even close to the same potency, I've seen people bang a gram out, I've personally iv'd over 600mg. So it's really up to the individual, but I can tell you, if you got some Joe schmo who's healthy off the street I would seriously doubt a .4 for a first time use ever would even come close to killing him, so the gentlemen who originally answered is being more than fair with his assessment and dosage recommendation IMO especially since the person who asked the question has used this drug before
Not all meth is made the same and as I stated before, it isn't safe to assume that everyone has a weak impure product. The safe route is to assume high quality and purity. If someone who does have high quality and purity material follows advice based on the assumption that it isn't that is far from a safe situation

I should remind people that the title of the thread is "safe" and this is a board for harm reduction

120-150mg of half decent speed is a very large dose. As the other poster said 40mg is a better ballpark to be aiming for.

Tbf the safe dose of clandestine methamphetamine IV'd is none. Anything higher than that will expose you to the possibility of either short or long term harm.

I'm being pedantic, sure. But I'd recommend not doing it.

IMO no real need to iv meth. It has good enough rush just taking it without IVing it. I mean snorting. But then again when I did have a meth connection I was fortunate and it was always very potent shards.

It absolutely depends on your tolerance level.
How often do you typically use? How much? What's your usual ROA?
A "safe" dose, because really meth isn't safe in any way, for just about anyone would be like 50mg. That would give a good rush with a good high, but not be overwhelming or excessively dangerous.
But honestly, as a man who's done this shit for years, don't shoot it, it'll be the biggest regret of your life. It's the forbidden fruit, and once you taste how sweet it is you can't forget it and it will haunt you for the rest of your life. Nothing should ever feel that good, and experiencing euphoria of that level will change you as a person very deeply for the rest of your life.

It's the forbidden fruit, and once you taste how sweet it is you can't forget it and it will haunt you for the rest of your life. Nothing should ever feel that good, and experiencing euphoria of that level will change you as a person very deeply for the rest of your life.