• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Safe to take xanax once a week? Or once a month?

THEDragon

Greenlighter
So would it cause me any harm if i take xanax 2mg once a month?

Hi guys. So i got a xanax bar 2mg from a friend. I haven't ever used xanax ever in my life but im a stoner but thats about it. I experienced drugs in the past like cocaine and shrooms. But I didn't like them and never tried them again once and only. Alcohol i drank alot in highschool and after in college but stopped 2 years back. Again didnt like the feeling of throwing up and the headaches. So i continued only to smoke weed everyday . Just bong hits here and there . 4-6 bowls a day . I tried the xanax after i got it from my friend. As wiritng this post im woren off of it now. I took it around 930 pm. I felt normal for a bit but it hit me hard and i was kind of slurring my words but not too much. I felt a bit drowsy. Felt good almost felt relaxed . Almost feeling tipsy but 2x worse lol. After a while i felt it more and more. Around 10 pm an hour later i laid in bed to message my girlfriend. And than i looked up at the ceiling. Still had my room light on (decided not to sleep yet). Next thing i know i woke up at 1:30 am. So almost 4 hours i woke up. I completey forgot how i just knocked out like that. I didnt hate the feeling of the drug it was quite good. It felt relaxing and a bit funny lol. But im not really planning on taking it again.

but i want to know if it cause me any harm if took it once a month here and there??

Hey Dragon and welcome to Bluelight! Every new member is additional information and discourse and boy, do we love that shit.

Benzodiazepines were invented/popularized/introduced to essentially take over the role in medicine of the Barbiturates. Barbiturates were highly-toxic in overdose situations and many, many people have died from Barbiturate poisoning. Benzodiazepines however, are very, very difficult to overdose upon. They are safe and non-toxic, with a wide therapeutic index.

The biggest potential for danger doesn't come from the primary effects of the drugs, but rather from what you might do if you take too much and find yourself in a blackout. If one consumes to many Benzodiazepines, they can enter a blackout in which they are functional but not conscious. It's very easy to say, hop in your car and go for a drive while in a blackout. You might decide to go shoplift a bunch of shit. The point is, things can go very badly if you take too much. Luckily, 2mg Alprazolam is not outside the realm of reason. I would not go any higher.

Secondly, mixing Benzodiazepines with other Central Nervous System Depressants, such as Alcohol, Opioids, Barbiturates, GHB and others totally eliminates the safe aspects of the class. These drugs are only safe if taken responsibly. You should not have any issues though consuming a bar every once in a while. Just follow the rules and practice Harm Reduction principles!

I use Xanax one a month but I use about 10 bars they are great you will be fine mate I mix mine wide codeine for a longer more relaxed effect. All the best mate, stay safe

I use Xanax one a month but I use about 10 bars they are great you will be fine mate I mix mine wide codeine for a longer more relaxed effect. All the best mate, stay safe

There's no judgment, but for the record, I just need to state that this sort of behavior is extremely dangerous and violates Harm Reduction principles. 20mg Alprazolam (Xanax) mixed with an Opiate like Codeine can kill quite easily.

Hey Dragon and welcome to Bluelight! Every new member is additional information and discourse and boy, do we love that shit.

Benzodiazepines were invented/popularized/introduced to essentially take over the role in medicine of the Barbiturates. Barbiturates were highly-toxic in overdose situations and many, many people have died from Barbiturate poisoning. Benzodiazepines however, are very, very difficult to overdose upon. They are safe and non-toxic, with a wide therapeutic index.

The biggest potential for danger doesn't come from the primary effects of the drugs, but rather from what you might do if you take too much and find yourself in a blackout. If one consumes to many Benzodiazepines, they can enter a blackout in which they are functional but not conscious. It's very easy to say, hop in your car and go for a drive while in a blackout. You might decide to go shoplift a bunch of shit. The point is, things can go very badly if you take too much. Luckily, 2mg Alprazolam is not outside the realm of reason. I would not go any higher.

Secondly, mixing Benzodiazepines with other Central Nervous System Depressants, such as Alcohol, Opioids, Barbiturates, GHB and others totally eliminates the safe aspects of the class. These drugs are only safe if taken responsibly. You should not have any issues though consuming a bar every once in a while. Just follow the rules and practice Harm Reduction principles!

Thanks for the warm welcoming dude. And yes reading this all got me at ease. Ik trying another 2mg today maybe. Might not. But im only going to do this rarely thanks for the help..honestly think 2mg is more than enough. I don't wana get seziures as people say...

Thanks mate. But i for sure wont be mixing it with codeine.

I've ben using xanax for a couple of years now. I can take 2-3mg per week without any withdrawal symptoms. The intoxication/high is almost gone but the anxiolysis remains at the same level.

U should be able to take it up to once or twice a day? That's what i was prescribed.

No max once per week. I think daily use will result in withdrawal symptoms

Perfectly safe assuming you are familiar with the drug and have tried it before. I take 60mgs each month over the course of 1-2 weeks. Its great if you have an adderall script. I am highly prone to gabanergist adictions thanks to years of ghb abuse but with the xanax, after the two weeks, I discontinue all use of it cold turkey. I have a hard time sleeping the next day or two but usually a little weed will settle me down.

The problem lies in keeping it to once a month.

Many bluelighters have died from mixing benzos and opiates.

I just it tried 2 more times. And it was completely randomly. I just got paid so i bought a quarter of medical marijuana and like 3 pills of xanax. i gave one to a friend 2 mg Xanax and one for me. played some video games ordered some pizza and it was good, we laughed and stuff watched you tube videos . and now couple days later today i took one more. and Honestly i like the feeling of it. its not to much to handle and this time i didn't black out like last time. i mixed it with some bong hits but i wanted to try it one last time. its a drug ill always remember for sure but its off the books like how sh-rooms and cocaine is for me. But you guys were a lot of help thanks a lot for resoponding. these stories helped me out