• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Safe to take electrolytes druing amphetamine binge?

kx_

Bluelighter
I have this powder in a bag sold in pharmacies, which contains essential electrolytes.

In one bag there is:

Glucose monohydrate 30g
Sodium chloride 250mg
Magnesium hydroxide carbonate 50mg
Potassium chloride 30mg

You pour that into 0.5l of water, and then drink it...

My question, is it safe to sip this DURING amphetamine binge, in order replenish electrolytes?

Thanks!

sorry, I was gonna post this to BDD. Please move.

Moving to BDD.

Weird question though. Is it safe? Of course. I'd say it's in your best interest to do it. Basically the substances you would be taking is something you'd get from eating something. And eating is good.

You need to try to establish how much fluid and electrolytes you have lost before attempting to correct them in terms of a specific quantity. This is usually not possible or practical outside a hospital setting. The amount your amount your are intending to use is unlikely to cause a problem and seems sensible if you feel you are dehydrated.

I would have to say be very cautious regarding the amount of potassium and magnesium you are intaking if you intending to take more as this can cause life-threatening heart rhythm disturbances if excessively elevated as well as reduced. This is especially true if you have impaired kidney function for whatever reason.

If you are dehydrated and sweating profusely (warm environment, dancing etc) trying to correct your electrolytes with one bag of what you have plus a good amount of hydration seems reasonable but maintaining adequate electrolytes through drinking water is usually sufficient provided you are not excessively dehydrated and your kidneys are working well. What you also don't want is to become overhydrated particularly on stimulants.

Try to take note of the colour and quantity of the urine you are producing as a reduction of urine and a darker colour means you are dehydrated and is usually a good indication alone of your hydration. Make sure to get plenty of rest and try to remember to eat something nutritious when you feel you are able to. Play safe.

Last edited:
Well, I am not dehadryated and I am not sweating profusely... I am sitting in front of my computer....

I am sipping water normally, I was just wondering about this bag of electrolytes that I have....

Might be better to drink this on the comedown then....

By the way, my resting HR is about 96 BPM atm.

and urine is not dark... its like color of the water basically.... neutral color...

Last edited:
Your resting heart rate is slightly elevated but that is to be expected if you are taking amphetamines. It probably won't do you any harm but if you are drinking and urinating well perhaps wait until you comedown as it might help your overall recovery as it appears you are not dehydrated at the moment. Also food and sleep when you are able to (probably the last thing on your mind right now!) if you have not eaten in a while this might also impact particularly your glucose levels. The best advice would be to listen to your body and try replace what you have lost sensibly including fluid, electrolytes, food and rest.

Last edited:
I believe Thats basically a can of coke and one half of one half of 1packet of salt. Am i missing something here i think what you have is basically placebo knock off gatorade. Its not even enough sodium chloride in the hospitle i believe its normally 0.9% sodium chloride

.5 l = 500 ml

500 ml = ~ 500,000 mg

250/500,000 = 2/1000
30/500,000 like too low for me to in my head like 0.00005

in this state of mind, I am not really sure I understand your math.....

I just stated what it says on the bag..... The contents. And you're supposed to mix that with 0.5 liters of water.

It's always preferable to maintain a balanced diet especially on an amp binge. It would probably be a good idea to take some of that every few hours of your amp binge but if you are eating and drinking regularly you shouldn't have an electrolyte imbalance even on amps.

I always stress a good diet to anyone binging or even casually taking strong psychostimulants. Not only will eating healthier be better for your body in the long run but in my experience it greatly increases the amount of euphoria I can achieve while on stims. Eating healthy will keep your heart rate and blood pressure in check and generally stop you from feeling fatigued, which helps immensely while on amps since they are such a physically harsh drug.

What i mean it sounds like what you are describing is basically one serving of generic gatorade

Gatorade is

Sodium 237.5mg 10%
Potassium 91.4mg -
Sugar 31.9g

Does anyone else see the irony of a person being concerned about ingesting a benign electrolyte replacement concoction while apparently NOT being the least bit worried about the consequences of an "amphetamine binge"?

What a world; what a world...?*

*Wicked Witch of the West death speech from The Wizard of Oz (1939)

Last edited:
Water Sugar and salt are the three most addicting drugs in the world. Taking too little or too much will kill you.