• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

safe to take 1-2mg of hydromorphone after taking 25mg of valium yesterday?

Alfonso_Camarga

Bluelighter
wondering if it’ll be all good if i sniff a little hydromorphone, i took around 3mg val at 3pm and another 12.5mg at 9pm before going to sleep. the previous day i also took 17.5mg valium spread out through the day. anyways i know there is a 50 hour half life but was wondering if i could take 1-2mg of hydro and be fine? i used to take oxycet all day and 20mg valium at night and had no issues but i understand that hydromorphone is much stronger. any help would be greatly appreciated

Yes, you'll be fine.

Valium half life is actually closer to 200 hours, but this can be misleading. The acute effects are only about 10-12 hours. Half life really only means how long it takes for your body to excrete it, not how long the high lasts.

Hydromorphone is about 2.5x stronger than oxycodone per mg, so just go off that.

Yes, you'll be fine.

Valium half life is actually closer to 200 hours, but this can be misleading. The acute effects are only about 10-12 hours. Half life really only means how long it takes for your body to excrete it, not how long the high lasts.

Hydromorphone is about 2.5x stronger than oxycodone per mg, so just go off that.
so i won’t get over sedated or anything like that? have a decent tolerance for dilaudid but i’m just freaked out a bit after reading some stuff on reddit etc

so i won’t get over sedated or anything like that? have a decent tolerance for dilaudid but i’m just freaked out a bit after reading some stuff on reddit etc
The danger is really combining them at the same time, if you took the valium yesterday you'll be safe enough. Plus, the dosages you're talking about aren't really dangerous anyways.

The danger is really combining them at the same time, if you took the valium yesterday you'll be safe enough. Plus, the dosages you're talking about aren't really dangerous anyways.
that’s kinda what i figured but was just getting a bunch of different info. if i were to take another PM dose of 1-2mg hydromorphone would that still be fine? sorry for all the questions

You feel 1-2mg of hydromorphone? I am jealous, this is equal to ~5-10mg of morphine. I need to take at least 40-60mg to feel something and still not a nod by far.

You feel 1-2mg of hydromorphone? I am jealous, this is equal to ~5-10mg of morphine. I need to take at least 40-60mg to feel something and still not a nod by far.
yeah tapered down from 12mg which is still low i guess, 1-2 doesn’t do all that much for me honestly just kinda barely takes the edge off and doesn’t last too too long