• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Safe to chew anti-psychotics? (particularly chlorpromazine/thorazine)

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I need to it work pretty much *immediately* and don't have the time or inclination to get myself to a hospital* for a shot. I can only assume at least thoroughly crushing or chewing the pill will make it worker faster and hit harder?
The issue is that it's Thorazine which I'm 95% sure if actually a corrosive substance (which is why the tablets have a film on) and I don't wanna get first degree burns to my mouth as that happened to be once with a different substance**

Should I just chew it? I don't wanna boof it as it it IS corrosive...well, I if I think chemical burns to mouth is bad....

*Which I CAN do, but I'm agoraphobic. I also can't afford the £20+ taxi money there (I don't drive due to seizures) and then I'd have to wait in the emergency room for 3 or 4 hours etc

**first time I did GBL (which I thought was GHB due to a miscommunication), I just did a 5ml shot of straight GBL and had literal burns to my lips, tongue and inner cheek

^Oh, need it to work very fast as I'm not just extremely anxious/agitated but also having hallucinations (though the fact that I have the insight to recognise this is a good sign)

Some like olanzapine come in disolvable pills too and I guess work faster that way (but I think that’s mostly made for patients not able to swallow etc and not to kick in faster). Thing is if that, I think, some AP’s need to be metabolized so they really should be taken orally.

Maybe instead of relying on different ROA you should look for fastest acting one? I guess ideally would be to have ampoules of something for I.M. or I.V. if it’s an real emergency.

There’s also a lot of medication that could potentially speed up onset of APs effects to a noticeable effects and/or calm the patient and therefore stop the episode of whatever.

No Thorazine is not meant to be crushed or chewed, I did that once and it made my mouth tingle and burn. I don't know why it is but I wouldn't recommend it