Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Safe Frequency to Consume San Pedro Cactus

kirkos

Greenlighter
Hi
I was wondering if there is a risk of consuming San Pedro Cactus too often? In other words, how long should you wait after consuming San Pedro Cactus to do it again safely without any negative side effects? Is once a month for instance a good rule of thumb?
Thanks

To avoid losing the magic and to allow your mind to integrate each experience I personally wouldn't take it much more often than once a month but that should be fine.

Drugs like the actives in such cacti are not really significantly physically harmful, but I can imagine that if you'd eat a cactus once a week or more often your gastrointestinal system won't thank you for it...

(Also hi and welcome to PD & bluelight :D )

Yup, once a month for psychedelics for sure. It is possible to trip every 2nd weekend with *good* results but following this method will eventually result in tolorance build up and a lessening "magical" experience.

Hi
I was wondering if there is a risk of consuming San Pedro Cactus too often? In other words, how long should you wait after consuming San Pedro Cactus to do it again safely without any negative side effects? Is once a month for instance a good rule of thumb?
Thanks

Once a month should be fine. About five years ago I ate a significant amount of San Pedro cactus once a week for about three or four months straight. There were absolutely no undesirable physical side effects and I was still surprisingly lucid mentally. Hard to go wrong with the good old cactus teacher.

If I look at my 21 years of tripping, there consistently has been a session 6-8x a year. My psychedelics are as strong and deep as they ever were, that only intensified.