• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Sad Grandpa

lol, I was waiting for an ignorant, unintelligent, and all around worthless troll comment like the above.

Sad to say it says something about the character of bluelight to put such a blatant troll in position of mod.

Thanks to everyone who actually had something of value to say.
Really recommend getting rid of worthless trolls like the above. People like him ruin places like this.

It's never a good sign when you start of a reply to a bit of constructive criticism with "lol." Kind of like how you laughed as soon as your grandfather criticized the way you were working.

Jerry Atrick is the farthest fucking possible thing from a troll.

You're deflecting attention around the real, and glaringly obvious (to anyone who's ever had to bust their ass), point, which is your thin skin, and lack of work ethic, your inability to see what's really going on, lack of drive, etc. Your grandfather is SUPPORTING YOU. Yes he's an old dog, but you didn't coming fucking CLOSE to "defeating" him, unless you consider defeating any hopes of him having a grandson that isn't a disappointment a victory.

Just be less selfish, carry your own weight, and try to be nicer to him.

Do you even read your own posts?

You come here asking for advice then flame the people who don't say what you want to hear. Your immaturity is really showing now.

Look at yourself. You're 27 and living with your grandparents because you can't make it in the world as an adult.

If you ask me, your grandfather is wiser than you could ever understand. You are correct that he's sad. He's sad because his grandson is lazy and can't see past his own nose.

This.

OP, sorry about the harsh words in my second post....I guess my own thin skin was showing and I sincerely apologize.

I would have posted this sooner but I just moved and haven't had internet all week.

So I've been living with my Grandparents for the last month or so, just for the summer. I was having trouble finding temp work, so my grandpa had me work with him on a rental home that my uncle owns and he manages. We wound up remodeling the bathroom (tile, linoleum, drywall, paint etc.), which was on the second floor of this house while it was 108 degrees out, and probably 115 in there.

Anyway on about the fourth day my grandpa kind of goes off on me all like "what is wrong with you you are 27 years old and everything you do you do the lazyest way possible" or something like that I don't remember what exactly. So at first I just laugh and think it's funny for some reason, and after a few minutes it starts to bother me and I say something along the lines of "I just want to let you know I don't appreciate the way you talked to me." So he says yada yada "well now we both understand each other."

The next day it was still bothering me because I have thin skin/was emotionally abused by my family for my whole life (not him, not his child) and after a lot of internal deliberation on what was the right thing to say decided on the mistake of "I think I deserve an apology." So we yell at each other for a couple of minutes, not that big of a deal, and he says lets just finish the bathroom and talk tomorrow.

So the next day we talk and I say you know "I'm just really sensitive to things like that," (really what bothered me the most was that I had been busting my ass in this sweltering heat and he decides to talk smack about my work ethic), and we end by me hugging him and telling him I love him.

Anyway, the point of the story is since then his mood has been a bit down. He's been talking quieter, and talking about dying and how his body is giving out and so forth. And that makes me sad.

It reminds me of when I rented a room from some family friends when I was younger, and they had an old big dog, and I had a young dog, and one day my dog is trying to be friendly and play with the old dog and the old dog snaps and starts biting at my dog and so my dog bites him back and, well the moral of that story is the young dog won, and the old dog never really recovered. His mood changed, his legs and bowels gave out, and soon after he was put down.

They say that when old lions lose their last fight they just go off to die on their own.

So I really want to do something to improve my grandpas mood, but I feel like if I apologized to him it would just further demasculate him. So if you have any suggestions let me know.

HR: make sure he gets a check up first, and have propranolol on hand.

Last edited by a moderator: