• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Running low on gabapentin but still want a nice gaba high, question about phenibut lower dose

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
Gabapentin gets me really nice and high with little tolerance from 1500mg. For about 5 days I was taking around 2400mg and even then it was still giving me the effects I'd wanted overall. My question is if I took 600mg of phenibut would it feel something like a higher dose gabapentin? Though I love the gabapentin high way, way more. I'll run out my script early though if I take another recreational dose.

The main reason I'm asking is because I've been using kava lately and it's been awesome. But apparently if I don't have gabapentin in my system, it doesn't do anything. Not even fresh valium in my system does anything. That means kava is likely more of a gabapentinoid than a benzo despite acting on GABA-A like benzos do. The combo of kava and gabapentin is so heavenly and I've been at a suicidal point for awhile. Miracle I even made it through 2023, but this year is starting off even worse.

My plan tonight was probably just take 600mg this evening, since i've lately been taking it before bed as to lessen the chance of restless legs or something, since I dosed it high for like 5 days. In terms of effects I don't need to get that fucked up on gabapentin to enjoy it, it just makes me happy, genuinely happy, during a time where literally nothing else does. I was just shocked last night when I did so much kava and felt nothing, I mean lately I haven't been feeling it ever since I stopped the gabapentin. So in theory kava might not even work for me unless I'm on gabapentin, or it would work if I was completely off of it in case there's somehow a cross tolerance. They do have similar mechanism of action through voltage gated calcium channels. I don't think enough research on kava has been done to really know, but I do see several reddit posts about the possibility of a cross tolerance.

I did notice when I had quit gabapentin again, or was quitting, I often didn't need more than one capsule if I'd taken kava, and I'm pretty sure I was feeling the kava as well. There has to be some connection.

But the question still stands, could a moderately low dose of phenibut give me something like a gabapentin high? The last time I did phenibut at 1g I felt horrible, had to smoke DMT to calm it down. But I'd also been staggering gabapentin all evening. I feel like I should've had a tolerance to phenibut by default, I'd been taking larger doses of gabapentin out there various nights and they are quite similar. I was about to leave the midwest where all my family was so I was depressed as shit.

I did used to enjoy phenibut a lot but one day I kind of didn't, which was good because I noticed it was pretty addicting. My brain is always somehow getting over addictions out of pure luck. Regardless gabapentin high is far superior in my book and makes me truly happy, makes me feel like I'm supposed to feel: myself.

My question is if I took 600mg of phenibut would it feel something like a higher dose gabapentin?
Not in my experience.
If you was in a g and a half of gabapentin it would take multiple grams of phenibut to get that "high" it is so much less potent like pregabalin is to gabapentin. This is only my experience there may be some effect but 600mg for me is a lowish dose and eases a little angst and gives me lucid dreams if taken in the pm.
We will all vary in relation but it seems that 1.5g is a "normal" dose for recreation but also depends on environment and what's going on.
If you like music it may enhance the enjoyment a bit at 600mg. Not sure.
Not sure of any of the above tbph just typing out thoughts and experiences.
Don't get stuck on that phenibut, yeah? Or let anything else have control of you. I know it's easier said than done but practice makes a mark.
My best, bro.

So you're saying Gabapentin is stronger than phenibut? I'm a little confused by the wording, but I know I was told this awhile back though I forget why. It was either somewhere on here or Reddit who brought it up to me. Phenibut has a stronger feeling high for sure so I don't get why it's actually less potent. I'd been going on vacation without my gabapentin re-filled as I was tapering then, and thought to bring phenibut along just in case it would help withdrawals to which I was told no, not likely as Gabapentin is a lot stronger.

I ended up not having withdrawals anymore but picked up the Gabapentin script anyway and had some fun with it while I was out there. I really don't like phenibut much at all, I did in the brief period I was taking it, but it got old really fast. I'm not one who is easily addicted to things. The most addicting drugs to me are THC and DMT, and most people wouldn't even consider the latter in any way addictive, but I do due to the fact that I love tripping and I love the feeling of being cleansed.

If I understand correctly, you're saying if I was on 1.5g of phenibut it would take several grams to get as high as the phenibut? I could barely deal with 1.5g of phenibut, I felt like I was on cocaine, MDMA and xanax, it was too much for me.

in doses like 250mg you shouldn't feel rebound anxiety, with gabapentin low dose you can cycle them and look here is the next script!
Just listen to yourself and than just change the things that were in the past heavy.
you bring a little chaos in order and time goes by quicker.
low dose combine or cycle them
stay in the best mood!

I don't really get rebound anxiety from gabapentin, just restless legs really bad. I've been taking 600mg hours before bed lately but tonight I've staggered 900 which I'll probably feel. I just wanted to get to a point where I'm only taking 300 before bed which is where I was at prior to this recent binge. I've never binged on it like this but was having a really difficult week and the only way to feel happy at all was to keep taking gabapentin.

I wanted to try a little more gabapentin, like 1200mg, it's 12-1500 territory where I've been able to get really fucked up. Maybe I'll try that tomorrow, or 15. I plan to eat some very fattening foods which would help.

I'm sure 300mg before bed would still get rid of restless leg potential, I just didn't know if I'd suffer massive withdrawals after that. I'd completely come off of it again by the time of new years eve where it'd been quite a few days without taking any so I'd be able to get more messed up without drinking like everyone else.

It sounds like there's no way to make a phenibut high feel like a gabapentin high, and if six is correct that I'd need several grams of phenibut to equal the high of 1.5g gabapentin, he must have an insane tolerance or just be a natural heavyweight to phenibut because even 3 of those will fuck me up hard.

Well I popped an extra to 1200, my tolerance definitely dropped and kava is hitting me nicely. Maybe all I need is 600mg. What I don't get though is, while they're both VGCCs, kava binds to GABA-B like benzos do, Gabapentin has a weak affinity to GABA-A and GABA-B. So shouldn't 20mg of Valium before taking kava cause it to work? I wish I didn't have to take gabapentin for it to, because it's such a great high. I decided I'll be bold, will likely dose 1500 tomorrow and then start with 300 before bed. If kava doesn't work, oh well, I just have to wait for my next script which would be early February. Kava and Gabapentin is such an amazing combo. I just wish I wasn't a retard taking 2100+ for days on end, I never had to dose that high to make the kava work.