Admin Attention Rules re growing xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artificial Emotion

Bluelighter
This is not a dispute with a particular mod, it's a question about the rules.

Cannabis discussion is obviously allowed in the cannabis forum, however after someone asking me about growing poppies, my answer was deleted after the mod in question said poppy cultivation was not allowed. I distinctly remember quite a while ago a moderator (possibly before his time as a mod of that forum, I have no idea) saying talking about the cultivation of anything is allowed as long as it has nothing to do with drug synthesis. After a search I can find many examples of even moderators themselves, such as Mr Blonde etc. openly talking about poppy cultivation, so what's the deal?

Was the rule recently changed? Is it only allowed in certain forums?

The mod in particular made the comment that 'it hadn't come up before' so perhaps he's just using his judgement to make the decision about whether it should or shouldn't be allowed on the spot since he doesn't have experience with it in his particular forum during his time as a mod? I can't speak for him so I don't know, however I have found reference to one other mod saying the same thing, so perhaps all the mods are not up to speed, or as I asked above, the rule has changed?

If it's not allowed, why am I not allowed to talk about it? Why not ban cannabis cultivation discussion altogether since you'd be hard pressed to argue that it has much to do with harm reduction? Laws around the world are different so you can't argue cannabis cultivation is less illegal than poppy cultivation the world over and that because cannabis is somehow softer, bluelight can turn a blind eye or a moral stance (not that bluelight admin/mods necessarily would). Here in the UK poppy cultivation is legal afaik, unlike cannabis cultivation for example.

Is it allowed or is it not allowed?

Here is some discussion about poppies that I found with a quick search.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=532718

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=301805

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=438165

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=514354

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=37548

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=142408

Again this is not a rant, I just want a civil discussion about an aspect of the rules I am confused about so there are no hard feelings meant. I am a peaceful stoner and there is no vehemence meant in this post.

Avoiding self incrimination and not helping people circumvent the law are principles from BLUA that are site wide in their effect. Individual forums and staff members have come to different interpretations of what those principles mean.

Some forums are more strictly about harm reduction and little else than others. Every BL forum has changed some over the years in what is allowed and what isn't. We aren't going to adjust everything to be completely consistent within every forum or try to be completely consistent over time. Many things that started out as reasonable exceptions to rules or reasonable extra rules will change as a gradual process but not as a measure to make every forum come to identical treatment of BLUA or Harm Reduction. Consistency is a factor but we aren't going to be a slave to it. Harm reduction is more of a guiding principle than others involved but even HR based arguments do not trump all other considerations involved.

Someone else gets to do something that another thinks is the same thing he didn't get to do, possibly in a completely different forum so we are to lay down the law more stringently across the whole board or repeal all like rules across the board?

A demanding of consistency, that every denial become a binding precedent to deny all or every permission be a grant of a inviolable right could really make this place suck a lot more than my primary answer on this which is:
the day to day running of forums is up to the forum moderators and not something that site management interferes with for casual reasons. BL does not try to make everything allowed in one forum allowed in all forums or everything prohibited in one prohibited in all. We are also not going to be held to allow what was allowed or to ban anything that was ever disallowed.

Thanks for bringing this up though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not making any demands and I think you may have misunderstood the sentiment of my post. I didn't say that if they were allowed to talk about it I have a right to as well. I just wanted a clarification of the rules to see where it's changed since a lot of the mods seem to have little problem enforcing other rules consistently and therefore think it was reasonable to assume there had been a change in the way the rules are enforced.

Rather than the fact that it was once allowed by mods and is now not, it's the fact that cannabis cultivation is allowed but poppy cultivation is not that confused me because I didn't see the logic in it and wondered whether it was just a mistake on the mod's part or something - it really was as innocent as that. One again, I'm not complaining or making any demands, I was just seeking clarification of the rules and an explanation of why they are there.

Perhaps we can just leave it at that? I don't really care whether it's allowed to be honest anyway, as it's not like I would really learn anything about poppy cultivatoin from other Bluelight users (well I'd be surprised if I did to be honest because there aren't many BL users interested in gardening in general, although yes there may be some exceptions and I don't wish tar every BL user with the same brush). It was more a desire to help others that motivated me to ask and anyway there are other sites that would be better for that sort of discussion anyway.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, enki anyway and you can close the thread if you wish as I'm happy to leave it at that. Hope you're doing okay with your pod addiction if you still have one, by the way, Enki.

I'm not the moderator you are talking about, but the grow thread in CD is for cannabis cultivation...poppy cultivation is not a topic related to cannabis at ALL, so that's why the post was deleted. I'm not sure where on the site poppy cultivation talk is allowed, since I know it isn't in BDD, but the moderator you are talking about even says "we don't want this to become a how to grow drugs thread" and stated that it's only meant for cannabis cultivation...he most likely meant that it was NOT allowed in CD since it's not cannabis related, not that it isn't allowed on BL at all whatsoever, although as I said, I'm not really sure where it would be allowed

Last edited:
I have never done pods yet in my life AE, but in case I do and develop an addiction I hope I'll remember to thank you for your kind sentiments.

Purple Cloud I have a slight criticism with disallowing posting Trans High Market Quotes for historical reasons from the 70s. Prices from this decade I understand (there is a price thread). There are past price threads I'm sure but I'm not sure how far back they reach. But historical discussion might interest some people in the Cannabis discussion and this isn't directed at you (thanks for the recommendations about places to visit in NYC.<3

At any rate, getting to discussions about Cannabis Cultivation I believe that it is an evolving plant but some of the magic of previous strains that were optimized, bred, and selected for so the genes of the flower complement its outdoor environment have been lost in the flury of cross breeding, especially for indoor strains and some of the classics have been bred out of existence. To understand this takes an appreciation of history. But then there are plenty of old school websites out there dealing with cultivation. To answer the OP, cultivation is more tolerated in many Canadian provices and American states to not warant much action federaly- though laws very greatly state to state- like the EU- yet poppy growing enforcement and laws in the USA are also inconsistent yet they very from tolerance of cultivation in old laddies' gardens to hauling people away for years- i think the authorities in the UK are less concerned. A humurous story to highlight the extent of opium poppy hysteria is Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's Estate. One of the great patriots and forefather who was a noted champion of individual liberties was probably rolling in his grave the day DEA agents came to this national landmark and sternly ordered the mostly elderly volunteers working there to remove the poppies Jefferson was growing in his medicinal garden that were still being cultivated by the preservationists working there among the other medicinal plants in that garden or face imprisonment.8)

I guess the DEA wanted to rewrite history were one of the chief architechs of the Bill of Rights, that I believe he formulated along with Madison primarily and others, wasn't a Papaver Somniferum grower. Next thing you know they'll be working hard to wipe away any evidence of George Washington being a Hemp grower. Double8)8) Ban the WWII era propaganda film "Hemp for Victory" under the treasonous PATRIOT Act.:!

Jspun the history of cannabis prohibition and cultivation isn't a support topic. 9/10's or better of your post here isn't about anything that even approaches being a support topic. Support deals with using Bluelight: site feedback, technical support, suggestions, etc.
*closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.