• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Rugby World Cup 2011

To say i was and still am disappointed is an understatement. Cannot make that many mistakes at critical points and expect to win. And if you dont compete at the breakdown, well then youre fucked! For all our possession in the first half, we were made to pay in the second half for not taking our chances with a combination of Wales being awesome defensively, good in attack and some shocking Irish defending, which was most disappointing. The Davies try hurt so much to watch. A masterful tactical game carried out to perfection. Game was over after 60mins. Ugggghhhh!

Would be pathetic to complain and take away from a fantastic Welsh performance. Roberts was a wrecking ball today and Williams' try and try saving tackle was superb. Brilliant defending from first minute and isolating Irish players all day. Hats off to them. They were all excellent.

I did have to have a little chuckle at what i first thought were empty yellow seats in the stadium, but were instead aussie fans who had tickets for the wrong 1/4 final since they thought they would be playing today.

That was golden ;)

Both wales and France came out breathing fire and thoroughly deserved their victories. I don't think the Irish respected the welsh enough when they turned down several penalties early on. Irelands scrun and lineout went to shit.... Just goes to show how important the basics are . The heart breaker would have been that well taken try down the blindside from the halfback.

I would hate to be a French supporter. You wonder where that performance has been hiding all tournament. England had a terrible first half and just couldn't peg back that early lead. Once again the poms were all talk. Despite talking up the "superstars" in their backline they forgot the forwards need to perform. Anyone's guess which French side the welsh will play next week. As a history buff I would love to see a classic all black welsh final.

Ive seen nearly every single game as thats part of my job, and damn, that SA vs AUS match was good! Sorry saffas, not your cup this time, aussies just too good for ya! haha. I think the NZ vs AUS match will be damn exciting, i want the AB's to win as im a kiwi but shit... after seeing how close the argentina game was... im so unsure that they can manage.

Btw, fuck dan carter. Weepu is a legend.

Btw, fuck dan carter. Weepu is a legend.

i'll take that with a pinch of salt! :) But Weepu will have filled many with confidence after that display. Im sure you Kiwi fans will be glad to have that game over. Was surprised it took an hour to get it done but the Pumas played well. Lots of improving to do. All form will go out the window for next week anyway.

Would've settled for a Boks win before hand but when you see them waste so much ball, kick it away, knock it on, pass it forward, not trust the backs, leave Bismarck du Plessis on the bench and how that monster David Pocock played, then you have to hand it to the Aussies. Is he really only 23 years old? Amazing player. Someone should spear tackle Quade Cooper in training during the week for trying his hardest to lose the game. He was a liability out there.

If i was a Springbok, i'd be distraught to have lost that game

Last edited:
I still don't know how the Springboks lost that game. They were all over the wallabies, they were picking off the lineout at will and were essentially camped in their half for 90% of the game. Add to that Australia looked terrible (apart from Pocock). The more this tournament progresses the more convinced I am that Quade Cooper is in fact a New Zealand spy, planted into their team to sabotage their campaign. The weight of having every NZer booing him every touch of the ball is obviously getting too much. Having said all that they will probably start favourites with the bookies now.

Another match another 5/8th injured for the All Blacks, but to be honest the third string replacement Cruden is a superstar in the making. He was under 20 player of the year a couple of seasons ago and is almost a carbon copy Dan Carter. I felt he was a bit stiff not to be named in the squad ahead of Slade in the first place, I can only assume they wanted someone safe as back up to Carter. The scoreline eventually flattered NZ but Argentina are a good side who should have beaten England during the pool stages. A tough match was important to set them up for this weekend against Australia. I cant believe I have to wait until Sunday night for this game :(

Looking forward to the weekends game, the wait inbetween games isnt quite as bad when your team has been knocked the out. :(

Think Wales will go through, hope they do anyway. It'll be a cold day in hell before I start cheering on a French team in anything.

Fancy the Kiwis to get the job done. Australia will have to improve after their showing last week. New Zealand wouldve scored a few tries against them last week for certain. Two crackers in prospect