• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

rosmarinic acid

bingey

Bluelight Crew
Rosmarinic acid is a potential anxiolytic as it acts as a GABA transaminase inhibitor, more specifically on 4-aminobutyrate transaminase.[11] Rosmarinic acid also inhibits the expression of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase via its cyclooxygenase-inhibiting properties.[12]

1.What is 4-aminobutyrat trasaminase? does it have something in coomoon with the hb oathway?

2. what kind of doses of rosmarinic acid does a reukar teadrier take in orer to o to sleep *says 1 bag of 15 8.014 g of melissa in my product. let' say a dose is 4-5 ram of dried mellissa exctracted in boiling h20, how mc rosmarinic acid is going to get delivered to the brain.

nOw ths might soUnd stupid buT alcoholism runs rampant in my familiy an my aba system is very easy to get carried away with a substance that touches ot even a spice tea! Will nowhere as potent as phenibu I miht say this is just as addictive , only more expesive and different to administer and no I''M NOT GOIN TO INJECT ROSMARIC ACID JUST CURIOUS .

4-aminobutyrate is a synonym of GABA. Gamma-aminobutyric acid. Butyrate is simply the conjugate base of butyric acid.
And the greek letter coding is simply a way that substituents on carbon chains are noted. Gamma being the end (no.4 carbon) of the carbon chain if that chain is a butyl-derived (butyric acid is the 4-carbon monocarboxylic acid)

4-aminobutyrate transaminase and GABA-transaminase are one and the same, simply different nomenclature, same thing, different way of writing it.

I don't think your likely to get addicted to lemon balm tea. It doesn't directly agonize GABA receptors, but solely allows the GABA already present in synapses to exist and thus exert its activity for a longer period than otherwise it would before being degraded.

I LOVE lemon balm tea, I drink jugs of the stuff in the height of the hot summer months, with a slice of lemon in it, some grated lemon and lime zest and a slice of lime or two and squeeze of the lime juice, sweetened with honey. Best made with fresh balm, never tried teabags as I grow my own balm. It spreads like lies near tony blair. Member of the mint family (balm, not tony blair, thats a member of the fucking bastard who needs to be set on fire, skinned alive and drowned in tabasco sauce plant family), and as any gardener knows, mints of any kind need very little in the way of encouragement to spread themselves. Fuckers take off like bubonic plague in a rat-infested medieval slum.

I don't know about grams and teabags. When I make lemon balm tea with fresh balm I just pick myself a nice big bushy handful, dice it up fine, add not quite boiling but hot water, and then strain it out one its had a nice long time to infuse. Helps with fresh stuff to bash it up somewhat to help release the juices, it makes the tea taste even better. One other nice trick with it, is to add a little bit of lemon grass, it adds even more of a yummy citrus flavor.
Some spearmint also works nicely.

Lemon balm is very common plant here, and we do use it as food ingredients!

I can say I can eat a bunch of it, just never realized it has anxiolytic effect. (except, ahh this food is good) lol
Maybe i'll try having some more :p they are so cheap

From memory, seems to be more in line with the mechanism of anti-manic drugs than anxiolytics. I'm thinking like depakoteI believe it also inhibits the metabolism of GABA) vs ativan (allosteric modulator). Klonopin works well for both but more for anxiety.

I don't think your likely to get addicted to lemon balm tea. It doesn't directly agonize GABA receptors, but solely allows the GABA already present in synapses to exist and thus exert its activity for a longer period than otherwise it would before being degraded.

Lemon Balm is a fantastic mild herb that helps with withdrawal from GABA-ergic substances

When tapering off benzos after medical use - using Ashton Protocol with doctor supervision -- Lemon Balm was a good adjunct to Kava.

There is not a reasonable way to consume enough Lemon Balm to become addicted to the (mild) anxiolytic effects --without hitting unwelcome effects

So it's a reuptake inhibitor. A bit like cocaine is for dopamine ? I was prescribed depakote for anxiety it felt like a benzo with zero mental effects.

Valeric acid in lip balm feels more like a very sleepy light benzo akin to Valerian root but more recreational.

Limped any clues on the binding affinities of the active principle , I CNN see I'm not the only one who gets hooked to lemon balm when it's close to free (I brought a few ounces from Morocco the big bag merely lasted weeks

Last edited:
I think it's more in line with an MAOI, such as selegiline or nardil. The difference is that MAO metabolizes monoamine chemicals and trace amines (similar in structure to the monamines) inside presynaptic nerurons, while enzymes that metabolize amino acids (liek GABA and glutamate) do so in the synapse, I believe while they are attached to receptors.

This is an age old thread, but have to add that rosmarinic acid has also been found to improve reaction times in your motor performance, in addition to being a nootropic. The study was done with proprietary spearming extract (PSE), which contains lots of this organic acid.

The researchers remark in the Conclusions that "The present study supports the use of PSE as a safe nootropic with potential downstream benefits in athletic performance, particularly in combat sports.". Could also maybe help prevent traffic accidents if used more widely.

how biologically active it is tho? and how long is the half life in vivo??

how biologically active it is tho? and how long is the half life in vivo??
It looks like a compound that can't cross the blood brain barrier in its original form, but is metabolically converted to something that can. And those nootropic effects in the clinical tests only appeared after using it for several days.