• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Rosin Tech: Solventless Extraction - thoughts?

DaDankyDank

Bluelighter
If anyone here watches Bubbleman's Hash Church, then you probably heard this old tech resurface in the past week. It's getting thrown around all over instagram and there seems to be a big hype regarding this extraction technique.

From what I understand, you can take 2* melt and turn into a fullmelt, kief and turn into fullmelt, as well as flowers into fullmelt.

The rosin flower technique requires taking your material and pressing it in between parchment paper with a hair straightner while applying a lot of pressure. The oil then secretes from the product and the moves over to the edge of the parchment paper. The contaminated product then gets molded into a patty that can be easily removed from the parchment. You then can take a dabber and scrape up the oil off the parchment. The yields people are saying are pretty decent with good bud from 12-16% which is pretty high for solventless extraction techs. You also don't need much starting material at all.

For kief and low quality bubble that doesn't melt, people set up double boilers and throw their kief or unmelty bubble into a pyrex dish ontop. As it melts down and you mix the material, it creates a thin layer of oil on the dish which can be scraped out and the waste product will clump into a ball. Again you scrape up what's stuck on the edges of the dish and that's your final product. You can then redo the process several times with your final product to get a less contaminated and meltier result.

I'm wondering if anyone here has tried this old tech or has anymore information about it. I haven't tried it but I imagine it being a pretty inferior product because the heat used. A lot of terpines are volatile at room temperature, so I imagine if you pressed it between a 200-400 degree iron that it would completely fuck the taste. The pictures I've seen though have looked decent, so just wanted to get some other opinions.

There's a lot of hype going on about it right now so if you're on instagram check out #rosintech

It can be a great technique, but some temperature control is required as to prevent the oil from degrading or the flavors and terpenes breaking down.

The taste is actually amazing. Keep it at the lower temps, little less yield but a lot more terps intact. Close to 400 degrees a lot of sappy oil and the taste is ehhh. Taste a lot better then most bho and very clean smooth hits. Try it out if you got some loose nugs around.

i just pressed some hash rosin and it has a weird sticky texture to it, almost elastic like glue when it is setting. has anybody got any idea as to why?