View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Rookie LSD user

MPNation74

Greenlighter
Me and my buddy have been looking to do acid for a few months, just to try something new. My other friend said he knew a guy that was very reliable on psychedellics so I figured why not. I met up with the dude and he seemed pretty legit, since I was a new customer he gave me 2 tabs (130ug) for the price of 1. I feel dumb as shit because my buddy said to just lick the tab a few times then throw it out the window while I was driving (I figured he looked up how to take it so I just went with it) He licked his put it back in the baggie. We waited about an hour and didn't feel shit, but didn't panic since a lot of forums say sometimes it takes up to two hours. We got the other tab my buddy didn't finish and cut it in half, and kept the tab on our tongue, then I just swallowed mine after a minute or so. We smoked a little weed since we heard it helps sometimes. A couple hours later I felt different but I couldn't describe it. Everything was funnier than usual (different than a normal weed high) every now and then it would feel like the ground was diagonal, and a couple other of my friends' faces would look kinda like the snapchat filer that squeezes their face (but not much..... If that makes any sense at all) but nothing happened that made me just think wow I love acid I wanna do this again. Nothing like what people have described.

So basically what I'm asking, is did I just not orally take the tab correctly? Am I suppose to keep it under my tongue for a certain amount of time? Did I get ripped off? Is 130ug not strong enough? Have any of you had an experience like this by just doing it wrong or whatever? Thanks!

Well - looks like you may have had the real thing but accidentally messed up the ingestion process!

First of all when a supplier tells you that there's XXug of LSD in a tab it's most likely just a figure that's been approximated (and probably inflated along the line to make it more attractive to buy). You can never really know without having extensive testing carried out in a lab. This is just a problem most people have to live with with.

Secondly, licking the blotter will at most only remove a small (probably minute) amount of acid if any. the LSD is distributed (or at least should be) throughout the paper.

Thirdly, you need to let the blotter dissolve completely in your mouth or/and swallow any remnants of it for good measure. You got this bit right, but as it was only a half a blotter and perhaps not the potency the dealer claimed, you got a very weak trip by the sound of it. but the minimal distortions you experienced make it sound like the real thing. It could though just as easily have been the threshold effects of an unknown chemical though.

Next time - if you can get the same blotters - try a full one. Either swallow it whole after a light meal sometime ahead of ingestion, or let it dissolve under your tongue. The jury's out on whether one method is better than another. Personally both methods seem to work just as well for me.

Happy tripping. Oh - and swallowing any amount of acid is not a good idea when driving. In fact unless you're getting to your destination within 15 minutes you could be in real shit and possible kill yourself and/or others. Bad, bad idea.

LSD normally takes around 40 mins. to start taking effect, but this can vary from person to person.

That's what I was wanting to hear! Thankyou! And yeah my apartment was only 10 minutes away when I took it haha

The 2 tabs were 130 each or 130 total? If it's the latter then that explains why you barely felt anything. The first blotter pretty much went to waste I'm afraid. Personally I hold doses under my tongue for 30 minutes to an hour (closer to 30 min if the doses start getting too annoying) before swallowing, although a few times I held them under my tongue for so long that I started tripping hard and forgot they were there because I was so used to the feeling of having paper under my tongue. Next time you should definitely try getting as much lucy absorbed sublingually as possible. You should have a much more interesting experience

Sublingual or swallow, makes no difference. Throwing it out of the window does tend to weaken the effect.

Sublingual or swallow, makes no difference. Throwing it out of the window does tend to weaken the effect.

I think it makes a difference. Have you ever heard of the First Pass Effect? Taking a substance sublingually bypasses your digestive system, while IVing something bypasses everything and goes directly into your bloodstream.

First pass metabolism, which is what you're referencing, has varied significance and effect with different chemicals. In LSD's case the bioavailability when taken orally is just about as high as sublingual so it actually doesn't make a big difference peak effects wise. Except of course if you have a full stomach, other stomach issues, etc etc.

I think it makes a difference. Have you ever heard of the First Pass Effect? Taking a substance sublingually bypasses your digestive system, while IVing something bypasses everything and goes directly into your bloodstream.

I'm talking from way too much personal experience here ...and yes I am aware of how drugs are metabolised

Plus what psy997 said.

:)

My experience is also that sublingual vs. oral dosing makes no difference with LSD, unless you've just eaten a meal or something.