European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Ronnie Corbett Dies at 85

Shambles

Bluelight Crew
Ronnie Corbett, one of Britain’s most popular entertainers, who was a regular television fixture for more than 50 years, has died aged 85. Corbett first came to fame on The Frost Report in the 1960s but was best known as one half of The Two Ronnies with his comedy partner, Ronnie Barker, who died in 2005.

A statement from his publicist said: “Ronnie Corbett CBE, one of the nation’s best-loved entertainers, passed away this morning, surrounded by his loving family. They have asked that their privacy is respected at this very sad time.”

More...

Ronnie Barker may have been a true legend but I always had a softspot for Ronnie Corbett too.

Must admit as a child I always used to dread the "sitting in a big chair" monologue. Saw it again a couple of years ago and it wasn't as bad as I remembered tho. Nice guy but I struggled to find him funny.

Corbett might have been the slightly-less-funny Ronnie, but that doesn't make his loss any less sad.

What does make it a lot less sad is the vast archive of material still on videotape and film, that isn't going anywhere.

Meanwhile, I think I shall commemorate his passing by lighting four candles .....

RIP Ronnie..... <3

It really makes you feell old when all these famous light entertainers you remember as a child keep passing away.

Hopefully he now up there with the other Ronnie....

Goodnight from us Ronnie Corbett (1930 - 2016) <3 <3

RIP Ronnie Corbett <3

I used to love the two Ronnies, when I waa a child

Evey

...it's goodbye from him.

RIP

Good one! He'd have liked that.

The Two Ronnie's were a rare breed of 70s comedians that were funny as fuck without relying on smut, sexism or racism. Sheer class.

RIP

Good one! He'd have liked that.

The Two Ronnie's were a rare breed of 70s comedians that were funny as fuck without relying on smut, sexism or racism. Sheer class.

RIP

Yea comedy isn't what it used to be. We have this shit now all about looks etc not true ingenious as it once was *Sigh*

Evey

Must admit as a child I always used to dread the "sitting in a big chair" monologue. Saw it again a couple of years ago and it wasn't as bad as I remembered tho. Nice guy but I struggled to find him funny.

As a casual I was so fucking jealous of them lyle and Scott jumpers.

Talking about the other Ronnie , but porridge is a timless peace of comedy, never tire of it and got the box set Christmas.

Yea comedy isn't what it used to be. We have this shit now all about looks etc not true ingenious as it once was *Sigh*

Evey

No, I meant it was rare for 70's comedy to be funny without being offensive. Although I liked it all as a kid, when I look back now most of it was cringeworthy - but Ronnie & Ronnie have stood the test of time.

I watched Extras earlier, Ronnie at the Brits sniffing coke in the toilets... Class even at a ripe age.

I watched the Bowie one when he passed too.. If Ian McKellen or Patrick Stewart dies next I'm geting :sus: