• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Rolling during opiate withdrawal: Overheating. Is it safe?

Emma2373

Greenlighter
Would it be safe for someone to roll who has not shot up in several months but has been taking methadone every week or two, in decreasing increments, but decided to stop taking methadone and is now experiencing troubles regulating temperature to roll? My friend's forehead feels very warm to the touch, they say it comes and goes and will be gone tomorrow but I'm wondering if this could pose a big danger in the case of overheating while rolling? Compared to withdrawal when shooting they seem a lot better, however if they were a random person and asked if there forehead was hot because they felt feverish i would probably say they have one. Again, I don't know what it will be like tomorrow, but I'm also concerned even if they seem fine upon initial ingestion, seeing as they switch from hot to cold, something bad could happen. Btw it is pure tested MDMA and they will probably take 200mg.
Thank you I appreciate it.

I personally have rolled and tweaked during acute opioid withdrawal, let alone PAWS. I think your friend will be ok but his/her experience may be different than mine.

I rolled in kratom withdrawal before and I just couldn't get into it. The euphoria just made the aches and restlessness seem that much more pronounced if that makes sense. It was as if the withdrawal was my anchor into reality preventing me from entering the positive world of MDMA. The main effects of the roll weren't necessarily unpleasant, but not very pleasant or satisfying at the same time and once it wore off the restlessness became so bothersome that I had to benzo myself to sleep. I don't remember the temperature fluctuations causing too much trouble but I was cold, sweaty as hell, and clammy... either have this person take a maintenance dose with the MDMA or wait til they're in a better spot to roll.

if they are wding from methadone today they are going to be either the same or worse tommorrow, not any better. Its a process that takes many weeks

I don't think you're going to be in any physical danger, don't see any mechanism that would cause a bad interaction - the only thing I'd be worried about in that sense would maybe be high blood pressure/heart rate, which could be a problem if you have a weak heart to begin with, but if anything just lower the dose of MDMA (or whichever empathogen you're choosing to use) and you'll be fine.

That said I'm not sure if it's the best idea, even a relatively mild MDMA comedown is going to be hell on earth if your opiate withdrawals are anything like mine, do you really want to face both at once? Would it not be better to wait a couple of weeks until you've gotten over the bulk of withdrawals and then to reward yourself with said roll? :)

Alternatively, if you're not quitting opiates, and just ran out temporarily, then I'd wait until you're back on them to roll, it'll be far better than rolling in withdrawals. If nothing else, at least wait until you have more opiates available to roll if you're not quitting them, and dose them on the comedown/hangover.