• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Rolling again after a couple of years

tomdpimp

Bluelighter
So unless things don't work out, i'll be rolling again for the 1st in almost 3 years. I'm sure it will be more intense than I was used to, but I have an issue to work out. My wife likely won't want to. We need this though, so what's the best way to encourage her to do it again. Our marriage has been in a major funk in the last year. I know a healthy roll at home will retrigger things romantically and emotionally. It did it before. She is just reluctant cause we have a child now.

No offense but sounds like she's the smarter one. Don't roll unless your kids are completely safe with a relative or something like that. Rolling is all fake anyway. What's it gunna fix? I wish you luck though man, we're all just looking to the answers for our problems.

^

I think the OP knows that the child not should be present while rolling.

what do you mean rolling is fake? Are the feeling you get after winning 1M$ fake? or what about those people who suffer from PTSD and get cured after a MDMA session?

we don't know if it's gonna help, but i know i would give it a try. the chances are good that you're gonna be able to talk about things you normally wouldn't. and the risk is small if you do it responsible. I don't think there is a better way to 'open up and talk' then on MDMA.

I wish you good luck.

All the emotions and love you experience rolling are induced by a chemical. So it is fake, that is not your natural state.
Nonetheless, you feel it, you experience it and you'll have a memory of it which can help in a relationship to find each other again. Because that's what holds couples together, positive experiences. :)

Just because it's not the sober you doesn't mean it can't have real impacts on the sober you and your sober relationships if you use it in the right setting. I'm sure all those PTSD sufferers that were able to get over there very real problems through an ultimately 'fake' experience have found very real benefits.

so what's the best way to encourage her to do it again

Talk to her.

Hi long time lurker and 1st time poster, Thought it was harsh shooting him down for having a kid who said they were doing it while kids around. Anyway I took my wife to a pretty softcore dnb gig last year and she surprised me on the night asking for a half off me (never thought I would see the day btw, she usually against it) and we had a great night! We were in the same boat as you mentioned marriage issues and youngish 1st kid so that and both working was kinda tiring!
Anyway it really helped our relationship as we talked about alot after the gig and a year later I just took her a few weeks ago to a proper sweaty DnB gig and she asked for some again which again surprised me, gave her 130mg and again had a great night hotel room etc and her words the next day were 'that was just what the doctor ordered and I cant believe how much last night has changed my life, and can we go to another one?!'
Long winded point is I feel it has really helped our relationship has benefited from these 2 nights away with nice music dancing then a chat/cuddle at a nice hotel. I just booked it all so she had no choice lol as im usually limited to a dnb set in the house being im getting older and all that jazz.

I would be careful going into this with the mind set that it will fix things. Then if it doesn't it will probably make you upset/kill the roll. Just talk to her and go into the sitch with an open mind and expectations.

All the emotions and love you experience rolling are induced by a chemical.

all emotions and love you will ever experience in your life are induced by chemicals. that's just how the brain works ;)

Yeah i would never roll with our child in the house. We never rolled at clubs. It was always at home or in a hotel. Showering together during the peak was always a highlight. We both have communication issues, and tempers, so rolling helps open us up. Its easy to listen to each other as well. No fears about what you might say and very little negative feelings. Plus lovemaking...

all emotions and love you will ever experience in your life are induced by chemicals. that's just how the brain works ;)
Well, yes, but there's a difference. Normally those neurotransmitters are released in your brain by an event, a thought or other stimuli, not by synthetized molecules.
But as I said, it works, so nothing's bad about that :)

No offense but sounds like she's the smarter one. Don't roll unless your kids are completely safe with a relative or something like that. Rolling is all fake anyway. What's it gunna fix? I wish you luck though man, we're all just looking to the answers for our problems.

The state of rolling is not a fabrication. It's the bodies natural reaction to the introduction of the MDMA molecule. The mind becomes hyper-impressionable in this state, so it would be wise to consider the experience to be quite real.

The experiences have a very high likelihood of strengthening personal bonds, although backfire is always possible (but much less likely with MDMA than Shrooms for example).

But, we can't convince your wife. I would present it to her like a little vacation, time off from the everyday. Get the kids to the grandparents, etc.

The state of rolling is not a fabrication. It's the bodies natural reaction to the introduction of the MDMA molecule. The mind becomes hyper-impressionable in this state, so it would be wise to consider the experience to be quite real.

The experiences have a very high likelihood of strengthening personal bonds, although backfire is always possible (but much less likely with MDMA than Shrooms for example).

But, we can't convince your wife. I would present it to her like a little vacation, time off from the everyday. Get the kids to the grandparents, etc.

That's what I'm leaning toward.

Like others have said an important thing to note is that MDMA in itself doesn't directly produce the effects. It merely messes with levels of endogenous neurotransmitters through various methods of action. So you could say that the effects are directly caused by your own body and merely facilitated by MDMA and because of this are not fabricated

When talking about whether or not the psychological part of the experience is fabricated I think depends entirely on what you make of it, both during and after. For instance if someone has deep, meaningful conversations with a partner during a roll, but afterwards those conversations are forgotten (dose low if you want to remain clear-headed and remember every detail) or the importance of what was said didn't sink in enough to leave a lasting impression you could say the experience was fabricated. If however it leaves a lasting impression and you still view things the same way afterwards, which means MDMA merely showed you another perspective instead of fabricating one, the experience becomes very real. I think the consequences are what determine the reality of the experience, more so than the experience itself. It's as real as you make it out to be