• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Rogue Online Pharmacies Prey on U.S. Patients

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
The Washington D.C. apartment where Vassilios Stassinos was found dead looked more like a pharmacy than a residence in the nation's capital.

Metropolitan Police Department officials had been called to the apartment on E Street on Jan. 26. 2009, where they found Stassinos' dead body and a trove of more than 17,000 pills.

Among the packages, which were labeled in Chinese and Urdu, were brand name prescription drugs including Xanax, Vicodin, Ritalin and Valium, according to a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court.

Stassinos, who had died of natural causes, was neither a pharmacist nor a physician, and further investigation of documents and computers seized from his apartment revealed he was conducting business with an alleged rogue online pharmacy titan located 7,000 miles away in Karachi, Pakistan.

The federal complaint indicated investigators believed Stassinos was distributing the drugs in the U.S.

Rogue internet pharmacies are billion dollar illicit operations that launder their profits and put United States consumers at risk by providing substandard or counterfeit drugs, according to a report earlier this year by the U.S. Government Accountability Office.

The operation Stassinos was allegedly involved in is one of thousands of rogue online pharmacy operations located abroad and serving U.S. customers, who according to the FDA, face considerable risks by patronizing them.

The Food and Drug Administration has estimated that one in four Americans buys prescription drugs online, often from what are fake pharmacies.

cont at
http://abcnews.go.com/US/rogue-onli...s/story?id=20109276&google_editors_picks=true

yea and im sure those drugs were exactly what they were said to be. dont you know you can buy hundreds of american made xanax bars in india for a follar a bar? oh by the way they contain phenazapam and melatonin, have the wrong, imprint, color and manufacturer name, but other than that, ok! ive gotten decent alp and other benzos from india and pk before, but they were the ones made in the country for their people. not counterfitted american stuff. ive never heard of anyone getting real opis from overseas except morphine opium or heroin.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the absurd price of pharmaceuticals over in the US :|
Pr the fact that both humans in pain and the severely mentally ill often lost access to the life saving medications that they relied upon to allow a reasonable quality of life when in high levels of pain or if struggling with serious neurological problems. I wish that the public was aware of the nefarious motives behind the opioid epidemic propaganda spreading disinformation worldwide.
PROP (Physicians for Responsible Opioid Prescripting) consisted of a group of attorneys and doctors who bought all the shares of stock in the rehab industry. They then gained full control of the CDC setting regulations and guidelines for use of controlled substances. Their success has made them hundreds of millions in tax dollars through government programs to force patients who have legitimate medical needs requiring the taboo meds. Since the harsh restrictions on medications were implemented both ODS and suicides have increased beyond our wildest nightmares. Greed strikes again

Apologies for the crap quality of writing and grammar. A long work day has me loopy with exhaustion, ZZZZZzzzzz

What concerns me is that the true cost of diazepam is very low indeed. $150-$600/Kg. So when I read of pills that are underdosed I realize that their doesn't appear to be a significant financial advantage. I'm guessing that whoever is operating the pill press is making more pills that their bosses know and that person is selling those extra pills.

If they cut corners in that way, I'm concerned at what other corners might also have been cut?

Last edited: