• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Roger Water tour 2017...which substance(s)?

Jedgar13

Greenlighter
Roger Waters Us + Them tour 2017
So I'm going to a roger waters show in a couple days which I'm incredibly pumped for. Although I'm trying to decide which substance I would like to take if any (acid, mushies, MDMA). I really wanted to trip durring the show but I've been having my doubts. It's gonna be a sit down show in a large arena, with thousands of people. Ive experienced intense acid and mushroom trips on many occasions just never in a public setting. About a month ago I went to a low-key rave and rolled for my first time on a 240 mg pressie, it was amazing, although I did have to step outside of the club and decided not to re-enter as I was rolling my face off, but I never felt uncomfortable, and that was my most public setting I've been in. I know that the effects of mdma and mushrooms/acid differ extremely as on mdma I was VERY care free of everything around me with zero anxiety and on mushrooms I seem to dig into my mind alot more. But mdma at a sitting show? I don't know about that, plus I want those visuals, i want to be tripping...i mean it's Pink Floyd for Christs sake!!!

Mushrooms and acid are classical psychedelics (i.e. substances that directly activate your serotonin receptors), whereas MDMA is a powerful empathogen (it causes your brain to release massive amounts of serotonin) with only mild psychedelic effects. So yes, the former two are primarily used to alter perceptions and emotions to provide novel experiences, while the latter is primarily intended to provide pleasure.

Now, while "what should I take" threads are generally frowned upon, I'd say you're probably right to be wary about taking powerful mindfuck-heavy psychedelics like shrooms or acid if you harbor any doubts about taking them in a public setting (unless you're going with a bunch of people you feel *really* comfortable around); I also don't think I'd want to roll at a sitting show where the average audience member is probably going to be in their 40s or 50s, and they're probably going to be more "conservative" than fans of, say, The Grateful Dead or Phish.

I mean, there are a bunch of psychedelics that provide visuals with a much lighter headspace (ex. 2C-B, 4-HO-MET, AL-LAD, ETH-LAD), but if the show is already taking place in a few days, it is probably too late to get your hands on one of those in time *and* take it for a "test drive" to gauge an appropriate dose (ETH-LAD, for example, provides absolutely stunning visuals with a very clear headspace at "low" doses, but without knowing your personal tolerance you might easily hit a part of the dose-response curve where the experience turns into a disturbing cyclotron of looping thoughts, memories and warped sensory signals).

I guess you could also look at it this way: Even the shittiest bro-step DJ set / cheapest strobe-lights can touch you while you're tripping/rolling your ass off, but the way a song like "Comfortably Numb" hits your senses and evokes those raw feels is a true testament to the greatness of Pink Floyd as artists, and a powerful and more-than-worthwhile experience in its own right <3

There was this same exact thread on Reddit basically everybody said that a Roger Water show is a bunch of f****** drunk people so if you do toes on LSD dose low. That was just about everybody's advice look it up it's there and it's recent peace ☮️

Appreciate the feedback

Sorry I'm the dumbass who decided to not read the rules/guidelines before posting...thanks for putting up with that.

Hope made some very good points.

Going to go check out the Reddit scene now.

Love the guys music, amazing show, but his political ranting got on my last nerve. He did the same thing in 2000. Tell him to stfu for me and enjoy the show! 2ct7 was my choice.

Was considering going to the show here. I've heard that the political ranting has turned some people off. Dante wrote "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Maybe Roger has a conscious and couldn't live with himself if he kept silent? Still I'm not sure if politics should play a role in music.

I have no way of knowing if it's true but I've read that Roger only tried acid about 3 times. It seems kind of ironic to me that although Pink Floyd had the reputation as the most psychedelic oriented band, none of them except Syd where big acidheads. Something else that struck me reading "Altamont: The Rolling Stones, the Hells Angels, and the Inside Story of Rock's Darkest Day" was that, in general, acid was not as readily available (as in the US) in England in the late 60's. That the English bands playing psychedelic music back then had virtually no first hand experience and were basing their music on their impressions of what it was like, mostly from what was coming out of San Francisco.

Having said that, I did go to their Dark Side of the Moon concert in '73 doing some good windowpane and throughly enjoyed it! Being in that state, it was bizarre seeing so many people completely fucked up on, given the times, probably things like quaaludes, seconal and copious amounts of alcohol.

Btw roger was VERY warm and friendly in 2000 and very gracious again this year. As much as it annoyed me (more this year than in 2000 when I was less involved I suppose) I cant pretend to be surprised with the lecture. Listening to The Wall and Animals one should not expect Waters to see eye to eye with regular American libertarians....even with him lecturing me Id love to have a beer with him and tell him all nite how sexy his bass playing is.

Ps, in his own words...he had two trips: the first was a really beautiful and powerful experience in 66. The second trip was years later and it was a much smaller dose. He said when he tried to cross a street in Manhattan for a sandwich, and got stuck half way across the road, it was then he decided to never take psychedelics again. Im paraphrasing for sure but its from one of my floyd books and was his words but man...dont want to dig in boxes for the book to source this.

Was considering going to the show here. I've heard that the political ranting has turned some people off. Dante wrote "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Maybe Roger has a conscious and couldn't live with himself if he kept silent? Still I'm not sure if politics should play a role in music.

I have no way of knowing if it's true but I've read that Roger only tried acid about 3 times. It seems kind of ironic to me that although Pink Floyd had the reputation as the most psychedelic oriented band, none of them except Syd where big acidheads. Something else that struck me reading "Altamont: The Rolling Stones, the Hells Angels, and the Inside Story of Rock's Darkest Day" was that, in general, acid was not as readily available (as in the US) in England in the late 60's. That the English bands playing psychedelic music back then had virtually no first hand experience and were basing their music on their impressions of what it was like, mostly from what was coming out of San Francisco.

Having said that, I did go to their Dark Side of the Moon concert in '73 doing some good windowpane and throughly enjoyed it! Being in that state, it was bizarre seeing so many people completely fucked up on, given the times, probably things like quaaludes, seconal and copious amounts of alcohol.

I took a medium dose of 2c-d when I saw Roger Waters.

Dosed when I arrived and was mostly baseline when it was time to go home.

Was a great experience.

Ps, in his own words...he had two trips: the first was a really beautiful and powerful experience in 66. The second trip was years later and it was a much smaller dose. He said when he tried to cross a street in Manhattan for a sandwich, and got stuck half way across the road, it was then he decided to never take psychedelics again. Im paraphrasing for sure but its from one of my floyd books and was his words but man...dont want to dig in boxes for the book to source this.

Thanks Morninggloryseed! Are you of the Pearly Gates or Heavenly Blue variety, lol? I can't always find credible references for some of the things in my posts but I try to be pretty sure of something before saying it here. In this case, being a lifelong floyd fan, I believed it must have been on more than just one occasion that I read this. Yeah I know what you mean about knowing things but not being motivated to search out exactly where you learned it.

I just got thru with Pete Townshend's Audible autobiography. Obviously I haven't lived the life he has but there is so much detail in his story it drew the inevitable thought, could I remember my life in that much detail? Anyway, Pete obviously admired Roger and the band very much. Pete apparently only did acid a few times as well. One time he split a tab from a batch of Owsley's stuff (with his wife?) on the redeye from the west coast. Keith took a whole dose. Pete had an out-of-body experience that the flight attendant snapped him out of.

(no 'what should I take?' thread, guys.. Be careful about your angle of discussion.

Anecdotes about having taken something like MDMA or something like LSD at a show/event should be fine, as well as general advice on the topic.)

In my opinion don't take psychedelics at a sitting event. And probably not MDMA either. There are those very light/mild psychedelics that are pretty easy to handle anywhere but even those should be carefully test-driven at another appropriate setting. At a festival or something like that psychedelics are already intense enough but you usually have the option of taking a moment for yourself somewhere or at least switching up the scene if you feel like that.
At a sitting event you don't... and you could get annoyed and annoying much like a child getting bored and distracted. [Comparisons to being a child again very often work for me!]

Any setting that has you cramped is no good IMO, whether that be socially cramped (like having to pretend you are sober to family, behave etc) or physically cramped like having to sit in one place and pay attention to one thing.
Sure it could turn out okay if you are so captivated that you just *want* to be into the show for the duration anyway, but IMO you should always have an exit strategy and preferably one that is easy and not disruptive, for the possibility that you can't or won't keep paying attention to the show. In my experience that degree of freedom is very important, at least until you know how you react to psychedelics including in different situations and you can make more of a judgment call based on experience (at events). It is also important imo just to have that freedom for your own feeling of peace and safety even if you don't necessarily make use of it.

So I'm not saying this couldn't be done or can't work out - not at all - but it seems best to gain some experience with tripping in public by appropriately trying it step by step.

Last edited:
I am heavenly blue however, since beginning to flower I've just known deep down inside that I was born the wrong species. Thus I am currently in a state of transition. Through extensive fertilization therapy as well as grafting procedures, I am transforming into the species I have always been...."real" morning glory aka Rivea corymbosa.

Now the story about Pete...that sounds like the time he took STP/DOM....which was on a plane going west. Could you be thinking of that?

Thanks Morninggloryseed! Are you of the Pearly Gates or Heavenly Blue variety, lol? ..................... One time he split a tab from a batch of Owsley's stuff (with his wife?) on the redeye from the west coast. Keith took a whole dose. Pete had an out-of-body experience that the flight attendant snapped him out of.

I am heavenly blue however, since beginning to flower I've just known deep down inside that I was born the wrong species. Thus I am currently in a state of transition. Through extensive fertilization therapy as well as grafting procedures, I am transforming into the species I have always been...."real" morning glory aka Rivea corymbosa.

Now the story about Pete...that sounds like the time he took STP/DOM....which was on a plane going west. Could you be thinking of that?

I'm pretty sure this flight was an eastbound redeye from San Francisco. I think being in the bay area is part of the story behind how he got ahold of some of Owsley's stuff. Your info sounds plausible though because didn't Owsley invent STP/DOM? In the info of the times I remember reading that If LSD is like being let out of a cage, STP was like being shot out of a cannon. I sure wouldn't want to be cooped up in a plane like that! I'll check the audiobook again sometime to make sure.

it's an interesting story of the band. The way he tells it, the band was at a dead end and may not have gone on when he came up with the idea of a rock opera.

Had to change my username again as the password reset simply doesn't work.

Shulgin invented DOM and published his findings in Nature in 1964 I believe. That is where Owsley read of it, and subsequently produced tabs for distribution....they were first handed out at the human be-in event early in 67.

Shulgin invented DOM and published his findings in Nature in 1964 I believe. That is where Owsley read of it, and subsequently produced tabs for distribution....they were first handed out at the human be-in event early in 67.

And what made these tabs so infamous was that Owsley had the bright idea of pressing them at 20 miligrams each, which is probably equivalent to about 500 µg of acid, but more stimulating and long-lasting... and due to the long come-up, some people even decided to redose.

Long story short: Don't let people who are used to accidentally ingesting multi-miligram doses of LSD decide the dosage for a novel psychoactive substance.

Until I can get my username back to FLA I'm using mascarasnake so I've already posted in this thread. So I was on the fence about going to the concert until the day of. I felt like that scene in platoon where the "I got a bad feeling about this mission" actor had asked his lieutenant in a poker game "What are you saving up to be, jewish?" So I went with my reluctant wife who asked if she could bring a book along. Concerts bored her back in the day. She ended up being totally blown away by it. I knew she would because she doesn't think much of Trump. She connected the dots on who Roger is when she recognized some of the songs. The weirdest part was the bubba's that who got pissed of by the Trump stuff and started flipping him off. Like why did they spend their hard earned money when even my dog knows what Roger thinks about the whole charade and hate him for it?