• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Roger Daltrey threatens to cancel concert due to marijuana smoke

lolwhatzdrugs

Bluelighter
http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/05/roger-daltrey-threatens-to-cancel-concert-due-to-marijuana-smoke/

The Who frontman says he's very allergic to pot smoke

BY ALEX YOUNGON MAY 21, 2015, 3:45PM

The Who don’t seem to live by the tried and true mantra of “sex, drugs, and rock ‘n’ roll.”

According to Newsday, frontman Roger Daltrey threatened to prematurely end the band’s concert in Long Island on Wednesday night due to an excessive amount of marijuana smoke.

Daltrey is apparently very allergic to pot smoke and the mere presence of its causes his voice to shut down. Adds Newsday, “The smoke’s impact was almost immediate on his voice, which went from crystal clear and potent for the opening ‘I Can’t Explain’ to something rougher and more limited during ‘I Can See for Miles.'”

As you can see in the video below, Daltrey ultimately confronted the audience member who was smoking, threatening to walk off stage unless the bud was put out. The fan seemingly obliged and the show continue on as planned.

1. How did Roger Daltrey sing for the last 40 years?
2. How was there a SINGLE audience member who was smoking? At Roger Waters concerts I've been to like The Wall tour if everyone put out their weed the venue would have actually gotten a few degrees colder.
3. How does a single joint really affect him? Was this a 10 person hall? Someone's livingroom?

it certainly seems odd but, if inhaling even a small amount of smoke from a substance to which he's allergic causes him problems singing, how is it lame for him to ask that it be put out?

alasdair

Well if he's actually allergic to it, then it isn't lame - I just immediately assumed it was some diva like response to pot smoke, thereby shattering the reckless 60s rock vibe they're still trying to milk...