Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Robotrippin?

StayinHigh

Greenlighter
I'm so sad right now.

I spent 6 bucks on Robitussin that contains DXM & Guaifenesin as the only active ingridents.
I knew I should've bought one with only DXM in it but I was at a gas station and this was the only one i saw.
I bought it hoping I could still take one 4oz bottle and it not being to bad.
What do you guys think?
Would I be fine taking this 4oz bottle of Robitussin Cough+Chest DM
or should I wait to buy
more robitussin with only DXM tomorrow from Walmart?

the bottle I have now contains DXM 20mg per every 10ml
& Guaifenesin USP 200mg per every 10ml.
Theirs 118ml total.

High doses of guaifenesin will most likely make you puke and with a concentration of 200mg/10ml I think you're going to reach puking levels by the time you have enough DXM in you for a decent effect. The full bottle would net you 236mg of DXM, which is at the lower end of a normal dose. That amount would net you 2.3g of guaifenesin, which would make you sick I think. IIRC because of this it's necessary to get DXM-only cough syrup. But I'm not experienced with DXM so I'm not 100% sure about this. Since DXM isn't an empathogen but rather a dissociative I'm going to move this over to BDD, you'll receive replies from member more knowledgable than me there

M&ED >> BDD

Last edited:
I've been in a similar situation before (only stuff I could get my hands in had guaf), I drank it and was able to hold it down. First time I ever drank DXM was pure DXM (no guaf) and I threw up. Just keep it down you can if you need to, at least I could.

As the person above stated the guaf will cause discomfort. I believe I experienced bad gas as well as minor nausea, it wasnt anything hard to deal with. In the future you should get DXM only containing products and it is a bad standard to say that anything else is acceptable but for a one time go you should be fine.

I would stay away from gaufinesin at all costs. I once had a 4-5 hour puke-athon after trying to get a buzz off codiene syrup.

Yeah gauf is disgusting. I've taken DXM/guaifenesin concoctions a few times and luckily I've never puked, but it always made the whole trip alot more nauseating. I felt like I had to puke but couldn't, only small amounts of cherry flavored syrup... ugh just thinking of DXM makes me shudder. What's worse is I used to use Vicks44 syrup which has this disgusting cherry menthol flavoring added to it, and I would constantly burp that shit up reminding me of the shameful act I just performed in order to get a mediocre (IMO) high.

I had DXM/doxylamine succinate before, and it just made me pass the fuck out.

Then later I had DXM by itself, about 474? (dose before that was about 354 or something) and felt fucking awful. Eventually I had to sit on the shitter and puke my guts out in the sink, and then I immediately felt better. Avoid anything but just dxm if you can.