View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

robitussin the difference

me_and_the_others

Greenlighter
I hope this is the right forum to post this question :?
Does anybody knows what is the difference between "Robitussin Dry Cough Medicine" and "Robitussin Dry Cough Forte"? Or they are the same thing?

Look at the medicinal ingredients list.
If dextromethorphan is not the only listing I do not recommend using it.
I believe they both only contain DXM HBr however and that robitussin forte simply contains more DXM per mL.
Double check the back to be absolutely sure however

Look at the medicinal ingredients list.
If dextromethorphan is not the only listing I do not recommend using it.
I believe they both only contain DXM HBr however and that robitussin forte simply contains more DXM per mL.
Double check the back to be absolutely sure however

Thanks, but I guess both of them have some ingredients exept dxm, i just wanted to know if they are safe enough. I am pretty sure Robitussin Dry Cough Forte is ok, but I've never heard about people using Robitussin Dry Cough Medicine. It has dxm and some other staff like this:

Maltitol, Sorbitol, Glycerol, Sodium Cyclamate, Acesulfame Potassium, Sodium Bonzoate E211, Disodium Edetate, Amaranth E123, Caramel E150, Ethanol (96%) BP 2.5 v/v.

I guess this staff can be dangerous
:\

Those are not active/medicinal ingredients as they do not contribute to the intended medicinal properties of the drug.
There should be two categories; medicinal/active ingredients and other ingredients.
If DXM is the only ingredient listed in the former category then you're fine.
Guafenisin may be present as well but it will only just contribute to possible nausea; I know I cannot handle guafensin but it is present in most cough syrups

Those are not active/medicinal ingredients as they do not contribute to the intended medicinal properties of the drug.
There should be two categories; medicinal/active ingredients and other ingredients.
If DXM is the only ingredient listed in the former category then you're fine.
Guafenisin may be present as well but it will only just contribute to possible nausea; I know I cannot handle guafensin but it is present in most cough syrups

thanks! I've looked at active ingredients of Robitussin Dry Cough Medicine, there's only dxm. At least this is the information I could find on the internet. I'll try to check ingredients once more when buying the syrup.

And you're right, guafenisin is awful.