View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Robitussin Recreatonal

AkinStul

Greenlighter
I'm interested in taking some robitussin for recreational use but is unsure if the other active ingredients is safe in large quantities. How much doxylamine can I consume in a safe, recreational use? I know this question is in other threads I just haven't seen a simple answer.

Last edited:
homeless ----> PD

please edit your post as we refer to ourselves as 'I' on this forum.

for tripping on robitussin please only consume products with ONLY DXM as the active ingredient.

doxylamine is an antihistamine and quite unpleasant at high doses.

First time posting but what exactly would happen with high doses? is it bad or just unpleasant?

It can be both depending on how much you take. At the amount that you'd need to feel something off of the DXM, it would produce strong dissociation. A lot of people that take the common brand-name antihistamine Benadryl have reported being in an almost schizophrenic state at high doses. Not to mention you just get very restless and its uncomfortable.

Robitussin makes cough gels that come in a bottle of 20, good for a decent second plateau dose and DXM is the only ingredient.

Please listen to Blank and cannablissss. The question of whether or not that doxylamine would be unpleasant or bad shouldn't even be relevant, because if you can get that then you can also get a product with only DXM in it just as easily. Please do not ever skip this step.... It is reckless and, quite frankly, foolish considering how easy it is to get only DXM. Never take any drugs that you don't have to, especially in large amounts!

... Never take any drugs that you don't have to, especially in large amounts!

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, for the most part none of us have to take any drugs.

But also OT - there are plenty of options with just DXM in them. Take those.

If there are ANY active ingredients besides dxm (and I mean ANY) DO NOT TAKE IT. In the amounts required for a dxm high, any other drug will either A. Kill you, or B. Be EXTREMELY unpleasant and painful (like, I want to go to the hospital painful). If you don't have any Robitussin, try delsym. If you do try delsym, the syrup tastes fine, and take a bit more (1.25x the hbr dose), and know it will last longer.

It can be both depending on how much you take. At the amount that you'd need to feel something off of the DXM, it would produce strong dissociation. A lot of people that take the common brand-name antihistamine Benadryl have reported being in an almost schizophrenic state at high doses. Not to mention you just get very restless and its uncomfortable.

Robitussin makes cough gels that come in a bottle of 20, good for a decent second plateau dose and DXM is the only ingredient.

Do you or anyone else know if the other ingredients in the gels would be harmful? I've taken them before but I felt uncomfortable putting 20 pills down my throat lol

If there are other ingredients listed under "active ingredients", it WILL hurt you. Only do it if there is ONE ingredient under active ingredient s (dextromethropan HBR)

okay so if you're gonna do robitussin, I honestly wouldnt recomend that at all. take delsym or walmarts equate brand. you need to make sure that the ONLY active ingredient is dextromethorphan as this is the actual drug that makes you trip. AVOID ANY CAUGH SYRUPS WITH ANY OTHER ACTIVE INGREDIENTS. i would recomend that you do extensive research because a lot can go wrong if you fuck anything up. ill leave you a link https://erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_general_info.shtml

Do you or anyone else know if the other ingredients in the gels would be harmful? I've taken them before but I felt uncomfortable putting 20 pills down my throat lol

I know how you feel, I've gotten myself used to taking multiple at a time to get it over with, as much as 40 pills these days. There are no other active ingredients, they are not harmful. Just inactives such as dyes.