• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe ROA and tolerance SUB question

Matrize

Greenlighter
I plug subutex .75mg twice a day. I can't find an exact bioavailability on plugging and sublingual but for my question let's say intrarectal is 60% bio and sublingual is 30% bio.

My question is this: in terms of the amount of subutex in my body & brain chemistry - is it like I have twice as much bupe in me because of my ROA?

Buprenorphine bioavailability are as follows: intravenous, 98%; intrarectal, 54%; intrahepatoportal, 49%; sublingual, 13%; and intraduodenal, 9.7%.

Okay so let's round it off to inrarectal 50% and sublingual to 10% for the sake of math. Is it like I always have five times more bupe in my body versus taking it sublingually?

More or less. I used to plug my bupe back in the day so as to conserve my supply. I found that if I used it as directed that I was wasting the drug. I never had the nerve to inject it because of all the binders and fillers they put in suboxone/subutex, but that would be the most effective ROA.

Are you worried about the safety of plugging buprenorphine? I’m kind of confused about what you are trying to ask this board?

🧙‍♂️

If the bioavailability of the Bupe is 54% instead of 13% - do I have almost 5 time more bupe in my brain/body?

For example I take 1.5mg a day. Is it like I'm taking 7.5mg sublingually?

I'm asking for the sake of knowledge and weening off. I don't know another way of wording my question.

I would argue that the bioavailability of sublingual bupe is around 30%. I need to IV about a third of what I would take sublingually to feel the same

The bioavailability of sublingual bupe can change too depending on the environment in your mouth at the time. I believe they came up with the 30% number by using an alcohol solution. So using mouthwash or alcohol can increase the BA of sublingual bupe.

I would argue whether it's 3 or 5 times more, you are still going to get more into your body and therefore heighten your tolerance when you plug,

So I've had more success weening off by plugging than I have sublingually in terms of milligrams per day. Is that just because I'm taking in more bupe?

For example I haven't been able to break past 2mg per day until I started plugging. I'm almost down to 1mg a day now that I plug. Would you consider that more or less progress due to ROA?

Sort of a loaded question, I know. I sort of feel like I'm cheating my progress, though

BA is 48 percent intranasal.

Did realize it was so awful.sublingual till I read this thread because the drugs is just so strong and overprescribed that I didn't care too much to conserve it. next time I'm on it I will make nasal spray solution.