• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Rivastigmine transdermal patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

bahamut-daemon

Greenlighter
Have a 13.3 mg rivastigmine transdermal patch. Does it have any recreational potential whatsoever/is it safe to apply the patch if unprescribed? It's listed on some websites as a cognitive-enhancing and The Guardian mentions it alongside dexedrine, ritalin, and donepezil as an effective study drug. I seriously have my doubts of its validity as a "smart drug" because I have found zero experiences linked to it on the entire internet and no conclusive info. Does anyone have any more information on this drug, specifically its recreational potential?

It seems like it might be similar to donepezil, which I've never tried or done much research on. It basically increases the acetylcholine in the brain by inhibiting the same enzyme that donepezil does, plus one more enzyme. I kind of understand this, but don't quite know what it means for a potential high (or side effects) from the stuff. Could someone with a better understanding of acetylcholine inhibition help me out?

As you said, it's a cholinergic, not a dopaminergic. No real "high" to speak of, but even at therapeutic doses side-effects can include nausea, diarrhea, headaches and fainting.

No there isn't a real 'high' to speak of, but this forum isn't for telling people how to get high. It's about reducing hazards while getting high, so from that aspect, It's never a good idea to take a medication that isn't prescribed to you. There are quite a few side effects with this drug, the symptoms Hodor mentioned diminish significantly with the patch, but the patch brings it's own side effects, mainly skin irritation, rashes, blisters, ect.

Here's all the info on acetylcholine https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Acetylcholine

I'm sorry :-/ I was pretty intent on using it after reading that it was similar to donepezil, and reading that donepezil has positive effects on those suffering from poor cognition as a result of amphetamine use. The study is dated and not supported by any others, but I was feeling quite desperate today as I am suffering from some of these negative cognitive effects. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting into anything terribly unpleasant or unhealthy. Apologies for emphasizing the recreational aspect, it was kinda my way of asking if it would provide relief rather than discomfort.

I'm sorry :-/ I was pretty intent on using it after reading that it was similar to donepezil, and reading that donepezil has positive effects on those suffering from poor cognition as a result of amphetamine use. The study is dated and not supported by any others, but I was feeling quite desperate today as I am suffering from some of these negative cognitive effects. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting into anything terribly unpleasant or unhealthy. Apologies for emphasizing the recreational aspect, it was kinda my way of asking if it would provide relief rather than discomfort.
I have the same cognition problem from amphetamine use. I graduated from school on amphetamine and I REMEMBER ALMOST NOTHING i learned ever since i stopped.. I may have BRAIN DAMAGE.

when was the last time u used amphetamine??? Over a month here and no improvements. Just wanna know if there's any hope

Closed, as 'Will this get me high' threads are not allowed. Please read the rules
And no, not recreational

Status
Not open for further replies.