• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ritalin, to take or not to take?

crambaba

Greenlighter
First off, i do not have ADHD or any mental illness that i know other, i do however have a lack of motivation when it comes to studying/working. I have got my hands on some Ritalin (30mg) capsules and i'm planning on taking 10mg doses to help me focus and actually get work done, as that seems to work for me.

I've heard about ritalin can completely destroy someones character though, i don't intend to take it constantly but if i were to take 10mg 3 times a week max just to get work done/study/ect, in the long run would there be any of the bad side effects i hear about?

Thanks in advance Lads

I mean at 3 times a week and ONLY 3 times a week physical dependency isn't too big of an issue (it's still there though so watch out). What I'd be more concerned about is psychological dependency. Cuz you're gonna take those and most likely bust ass and you're gonna have a good time doing that. Well that triggers something in the brain (mine anyways) that makes me want it everyday. And I don't know you so this isn't judgement just experience talking.

So you go a few months sticking to the 3 a week. But mayb some extra works comes up or you are sick that week so you use an extra day and nothing bad happens. Then it's 4 times a week. And so on and so forth until you're so far down the rabbit hole you're scoring street dope because the adderal just doesn't do what you need it to anymore.

Like I said im not judging and I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm saying more often than not this is how people end up hooked and loose character. It's not from the 3 a week or even 4 or 5. It's from addiction setting in because that's just the nature of humans and mind altering chemicals.

Just be careful, if you take it the first time and it's the best thing in the world I would stay the fuck away. Just my two cents.

If I was you I'd take all those puppies at once a week. (I think Ritalin is weak compared to Addy) that way you only have one hangover and you'll have a better time. Taking it three times a week will just extend the “withdrawal“ if you get what I'm saying

Personally, I prefer methylphenidate (d-methylphenidate, in the form of Focalin) to amphetamines. Now personally, my policy is to only obtain as much as I want to use in one sitting. If I want more later, I can seek it out. Having a plan like "3 days a week" never worked for me if I had more pills. I would always get to the next day and throw the plan out the window and take more. Then again, I admittedly have very poor impulse control. All this to say, if you feel like you could stick to that schedule, go for it. 10mg 3x a week isn't going to produce serious tolerance. I just never had that level of self control.

IMO Ritalin XR always made agitated while IR gave a bit of euphoria but I recommend Vyvanse for studying.