• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ritalin First Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpperDowner

Greenlighter
Ok so today I tried ritalin. Last night I took the most percocet I've ever taken (Ik its still not much) at 25 mgs total oxy. But anyways, the friend I took that with stayed the night, and had left over ritalin from when he was getting shit done earlier this weekend. Well he had a fair amount, and after some research, it sounded like taking a pretty high dose would be fun. He had both extended and instant release. I needed to get a shit ton of work done, but wanted to get high, so I set up my dose. I crushed up 8 5mg instants and railed them, and popped 1 I believe 15 or 20mg extended. Almost right away I felt sort of jittery, and a little euphoria. As it built up though, I felt awesome. I have never done coke, but it felt like I imagined it does. Super euphoric, maybe the most euphoria I've felt, and this is coming from someone who prefers downers, and love opiate euphoria. Anyway, I felt amazing. Not hyper, not exactly energetic, more like energy didn't matter. I got a bunch of stuff done, not even super focused but because I wasn't bored like I normally am with similar work. After about 2 hours the strong high wore off, but there wasn't really a come down due to the extended. And I still had a bunch of stuff to do. I felt good, energetic but not jittery or hyper, and was content with doing anything. I got more homework done today than in the last 2 weeks, and felt great doing it. I don't know why ritalin is discounted so much. I get some people get no euphoria, but I had tons, and the only downside was that I noticed my jaw kept clenching. As far as the lasting extended release dose, I just felt good and content the whole day. Any similar, or polar opposite stories? Why does it seem like no one enjoys it as much as I did?

Ritalin is by no means a *bad* stim, and yes, it can be pretty euphoric - it‘s just that its recreational potential pales in comparison to that of amphetamine (widely available as Adderall in the US and „speed“ in Europe) or cocaine.

With repeated recreational use the anxiety and uncomfortable physical stimulation are only going to become more dominant (you did notice the jaw clenching despite being on opioids, after all).

No, the opioids were the previous night. It was also a much higher dose than I realized, I found out the extended release was a 54 mg

No, the opioids were the previous night. It was also a much higher dose than I realized, I found out the extended release was a 54 mg

Very hard capsule, with „ALZA 54“ printed on it? Those are called Concerta (but yes, it‘s still methylphenidate, i.e. Ritalin).

Anyway, IMO Ritalin‘s biggest advantage is actually that it‘s pretty short-lasting. Like cocaine, it is an NDRI that contains a carboxyl group esterified with a methyl group that can easily be cleaved off, resulting in a weaker metabolite that can rapidly be eliminated. That means that unlike amps, you can take it in the afternoon and still get some sleep at night.

However, as far as side-effects go, dextroamphetamine generally seems like it’s far more well-tolerated.
I very much prefer Vyvanse to the ER Ritalin I used to be on, but I still take IR Ritalin when I need a booster dose later in the day. Makes you wonder if there is a stim out there that feels like d-amp but has the short half-life of methylphenidate.

I mean, there‘s Adderall, Adderall XR, dexedrine, Evekeo, Mydayis and even a chewable version (Adzenys) out there... you‘d figure they could try coming up with something new.
Then again, getting FDA approval for another amphetamine product is probably far easier than for some new compound that - for all we know - might be the next pemoline and give a bunch of kids liver failure.

OP, I present you with a warm and sincere welcome to Bluelight. In the future, we would appreciate it if you could concern your topics with a more strict interpretation of Harm Reduction principles. I totally understand that, even if you read the forum guidelines as I'm sure you have, it can take some time to develop an idea of what does and does not fit well into this sub-forum. We need to have Basic Drug Discussion concerned with people's immediate health and safety. So, with this in mind, the "subjective rating" of drug experiences simply does not fit the bill.

What would be appropriate, is inquiring about the relative safety of a drug or multiple drugs that you might use. There's nothing really unsafe about what you're doing and it would sound like you're lucky in terms of the limited negative side-effects that you experienced from Methylphendiate (Ritalin, Concerta). I think the misconception you have is that the drug in question does not typically produce euphoria, when it actually does. The subjective experience that you are touching upon, I feel, is more rooted in the fact that once people become experienced with various stimulants i.e. Amphetamines, they realize that the latter drug typically gives them more of the effects they want, with less of the negativity (tremor, bruxism, inability to sit still, anxiety).

Both drugs are euphoriants, for sure, but as you become more acquainted with stimulants and especially if you indulge in binge behavior, you will almost certainly develop a preference for stimulants other than Methylphenidate. For your current purposes, that is, getting some work done and such, I think it's fairly appropriate and what you've experience fairly normal.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.