• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ritalin and bloody stool

oxyladron

Bluelighter
Hey, guys. I've been on Ritalin for about two months (insufflated) and now I'm starting to... err... pooping with some blood. I've searched on some websites and it is common to have some blood in your stool while you're on Ritalin. But it is a dangerous signal or something? Should I slow down the intake or is it normal and I'm not gonna die from some type of anal bleeding?

Anytime you are bleeding when defecating or urinating its a good idea to have it checked out because it could be something not serious or something very very bad, the color of the blood might help you determine the location of the bleed.

Anytime you are bleeding when defecating or urinating its a good idea to have it checked out because it could be something not serious or something very very bad, the color of the blood might help you determine the location of the bleed.

Yeah, I'll be going to a doctor ASAP. The color of the blood is a normal red, not darkish or anything. Just the usual "blood red". But my question is, if it is being caused by the Ritalin, should I stop because it may grow to something serious or is just a rare side effect that the medication causes?

If you are experiencing blood in your stool, it may be best to discontinue using Ritalin for now. Is your doctor's office still open? I would call them and ask them how they would like you to proceed.

If you are experiencing blood in your stool, it may be best to discontinue using Ritalin for now. Is your doctor's office still open? I would call them and ask them how they would like you to proceed.

No, my stool isn't bloody, just the water of the toilet. But the stool per se isn't bloody.