• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Ripped on THC Capsule - Glad I listened

wallywogs

Bluelighter
I am so glad I listened to the advice of many regarding edibles. Wife doesn't like me smoking in front of her so sometimes I want a buzz while watching TV and can't smoke. I have taken some hash oil caps in the past. I don't know what strength they were but they were 2 bucks each at the dispensary. I would take 1 and get a nice gentle buzz about 3 hours later.

I bought some 120 mg THC caps and when I bought them I asked the person about them and they said if I took a whole one I would get really stoned. They also said dont take and go out, that unless I was really experienced I would freak

this prompted me to do some research, I ended up opening up the gel caps and split the stuff in 4 groups. It was sorta weird black stuff and smelt a bit heady.

Anyway I was working from home today and I figured that if I took 1/4 of the gelcap that would be roughly 30 mg of THC. From my readings 25 to 50 in an edible is a decent high. It took from 1:30 until 7 before I felt anything. Its 7:46 now and I feel pretty good. I also know I don't want twice as much and for sure not a whole cap.

My wife has to work early and is going to go to bed soon and I am gonna smoke some Girl Scout Cookie and watch some dumb stuff on TV. Wife knows I smoke before bed and "afternoon naps" she just doesnt want to be around it. Thats cool...a hell of a lot better than sneaking around and getting crap.

Right on glad to see harm reduction actually work.

I know a few married guys who have wives that don't like their smoking habit but don't mind it so much when they eat it for whatever reason. Maybe smell has something to do with that.

Thats great, I have been making capsules (when we had them) or bagels with dabs so my girlfriend can take a large oral dose in the evening to help with sleep as she is coming off methadone. That is a really good use for extract you can make them into food items or capsules easily and there is definitely something about popping capsules and achieving a marijuana high its the future!

Definitely need to be careful though we have high tolerances so at worst it creates a weird daze with fractured memories of sleeping but it could easily be way too much for someone who barely smokes.