• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP @Rafayte

Señor Moreno

Bluelighter
Reading some old posts, from 2018, I came across this bluelighter nicknamed @Rafayte. His familiar way of missusing English and some med brands he talked about made me understand that he was a Spaniard. Then, reading more from him, I realized that I knew the guy from a Spanish forum. He was a 35 yo dude with some mental disorder; he was on methadone, benzos, antipsichotics... but his real demon seemed to be metilphenidate. He was a heavy abuser of local brand Rubifen 20mg IR, often doing hundreds of mg/day, followed by massive intake of downers. Eventually, he ended up compulsively re-posting (and being warned about), here and in the Spanish site, reporting uses of 300 or 400 mg of Rubifen, and absolutely incredible amounts of zolpidem, benzos...he even abused, by the gram, the hellacious levomepromazine Several users in both BL and the other site warned him of the lethal risk he was taking.
Finally, he died. Some fellow users blamed it on metilphenidate OD and heart attack while others pointed to neuroleptyc malignant syndrome, whatever... Sad story.
These events happened like 5 or 6 years ago, don't know exactly. But, just as every fallen bluelighter, I thought that he deserved a thought from us.

RIP @Rafayte