• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction rinsing just used sharp with warm water

Yeah, I've only ran into those in media. They always looked like big, professional style rigs in comparison to the high gauge little bitty insulin syringe.

I'm honestly considering to start using only .5CC syringes. I ran into one a couple weeks ago w/ a tiny tip and only half the barrel I'm used to, and as long as you don't need too much liquid, it felt like they were much easier to manage. I've always been a 31G 5/16 1CC type of guy, but I think a half CC syringe might be easier to handle and lead to less damage. Depending where you're going you can even be successful w/ smaller than 5/16" tip. Can't remember what the measurement is though.

I once accidentally had dozens of 1/2" tips and brutalized myself with them. I attribute that period to my lack of usable veins on my left arm.
6mm

Yeah, I've only ran into those in media. They always looked like big, professional style rigs in comparison to the high gauge little bitty insulin syringe.

I'm honestly considering to start using only .5CC syringes. I ran into one a couple weeks ago w/ a tiny tip and only half the barrel I'm used to, and as long as you don't need too much liquid, it felt like they were much easier to manage. I've always been a 31G 5/16 1CC type of guy, but I think a half CC syringe might be easier to handle and lead to less damage. Depending where you're going you can even be successful w/ smaller than 5/16" tip. Can't remember what the measurement is though.

I once accidentally had dozens of 1/2" tips and brutalized myself with them. I attribute that period to my lack of usable veins on my left arm.
If you prefer shorts but only have Longs, cut a cap down and slip it on. A depth stop. Super glue or heat a paper clip to secure to syringe. Works good in a pinch, better than a blow out or right thru😎

Imperialist; can't compute

Slightly off topic, but this makes me smile.

I used to have to memorize the conversion rates because the company I worked for the dimensions for the external focus was imperial and the internal focus was metric.

I will never forget:

25.4 to 1
12.7 to 0.5
6.35 to 0.25
3.175 to 0.125
1.5875 to 0.0625

And doing constant trigonometry calculations while doing conversions on the fly.

Slightly off topic, but this makes me smile.

I used to have to memorize the conversion rates because the company I worked for the dimensions for the external focus was imperial and the internal focus was metric.

I will never forget:

25.4 to 1
12.7 to 0.5
6.35 to 0.25
3.175 to 0.125
1.5875 to 0.0625

And doing constant trigonometry calculations while doing conversions on the fly.

This whole comment gives me the willies. I'm just a simple fella, can't speak much algebra or mathematical languages.

i survived.

my ideal is 1cc with 5/16” needle, 29 gauge. which exchanges never have. i often go to the pharmacy and buy my own insulins because they are not expensive, especially when you offset the cost by getting everything else at the exchange. have trouble flagging in smaller veins with 31 gauge; i can but i have to pull further back on the plunger to create a vacuum that suddenly fills. plus it doesnt look as cool. with 29 gauge the blood plumes into the barrel — like in the movies. with 31 it sits toward the front. i think both are sufficiently tiny to minimize vein damage and track marks.

i only fill the 1cc 2/3rds or the plunger is too far back and i have to hold it weird in order to register. bd is hands down my favorite brand. my (again, ideal) shot requires two syringes: the insulin sharp and then a luer lock syringe with a long im needle. i suck up the shot (which is mixed in in one of those hr spoons that i’ve cleaned with and alcohol wipe) into the luer lock barrel, attach the micron filter (after running sterile water through it to wash it out), then slip the im needle onto the out of the micron. i set the insulin plunger in one of the open individual needle packages to keep it clean, and slowly shoot the shot from the micron equiped syringe into the back of the insulin syringe (leave a little air in the back of the im syringe so i can clear the filter of liquid and lose less of the shot). the im needle keeps the liquid from sitting on the top of the insulin syringe due to surface tension or trapped air or something. then i simultaneously put the plunger back in as i flip the insulin syringe right side up. some flicking and shaking to move the air bubble from the back to the front of the syringe. depress the plunger to get rid of that air. and that’s the most sterile shot i can figure out how to make.

Another rando IV tip I've realized recently due to better preparation and maturity, is that oral syringes are very handy to have around. This way you can draw up your solution through the filter w/ an oral syringe, and simply transfer to your sharp.
similar idea. though if you are talking about luer lock attached microns, i am quite sure you are supposed to push the shot through, not draw up through. maybe we are using different filters.

Last edited: