• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Rinse shot

I use to just put in a spoon with water and heat, then pull through the filter,s,

Are you talking about re-using the piece of cotton ball / wool that you use as a filter at the point of your needle as you draw up?

To ensure you drained every molecule of your drug out it?

There is still a little bit of conjecture out there regarding cotton shots. I'm pretty sure that medical science has identified the effects of "Cotton Fever" as being the result of a bacterial infection caused by pantoea agglomerans, which thrive on cotton plants. I'm assuming this is the primary reason for asking? Given that the condition of cotton fever is caused by bacteria, I would recommend boiling, but I am at this point unaware of how or if boiling somehow effects the cotton in a dangerous way, but I do not believe that it does.

In general, the Opioids available on the street are necessarily soluble in water. This means that water and maybe a wringing action of the cotton would be enough to release 90% of your drugs into the solution. Remember, cotton fever is always a possibility. I knew a guy who kept his cottons in the freezer. Once again, given bacteria as the primary actors in this, I wouldn't doubt there to be some utility in such a practice.