• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Concentrates Rick simpson oil

paranoid android

Moderator: TDS
Staff member
I would like to try this for my trigeminal neuralgia but it is impossible to find on the legal market here in Canada where i live. Is it just not profitable to make or something?

can someone else give some insight on this as my experience with concentrates is limited. Ive made iso hash in the past or Qwiso but i think that non denatured ethanol is a healthier and safer option for this am i correct? (Both are highly flammable so NO open flames when producing this )

Yea this is typically made with plain old ethanol. I’ve had a lot of it over the years at one point eating .25g a day. I’ve noticed certain legal states have a lot more of it than others. It’s definitely a great pain reliever especially if the pain is inflammation related.

Like any cannabis product there will be variations between strains. Go for stuff higher in CBD or CBG.

It definitely isn’t as profitable because it’s designed for folks with medical problems so they can’t really charge too much. Some companies still try but those sit on the shelf for ages. Cancer patients can’t be spending too much on something they’re gonna go through in a couple days nor does anyone want to feel guilty charging them. So it’s easier to sell something else.

-GC

Generally most concentrates on the market here are very concentrated mixtures of very pure THC and occasionally CBD produced by solvent extraction or with supercritical CO2 and refined further by e.g. decarboxylation (by e.g. heating the extract in a vacuum oven), "winterization" (removal of waxes and other inactives by precipitating impurities from ultra cold 95% ethanol), high temperature vacuum stripping/"distillation", etc.

Presumably they are much more psychoactive and potent than simple ethanol extract of cannabis.

It's a fairly crude full spectrum extract. It's not particularly special or anything.

Full spectrum edible cannabis oil would be a generic term for it I guess.