• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Ravin Monkeys

Greenlighter
http://phoenixtears.ca/

Just how much credibility does his claim that ingested hemp oil cures cancer have? He says to have "cured" about 5000 people including his cat and that hemp oil can also cure a whole range of illnesses and diseases. My problem is that it just seems too good to be true. 8(

Thoughts?

It's probably mostly bullshit. Some studies have actually found that THC can sometimes encourage certain types of cancers to grow more, as well as increasing the risk of head and neck cancer.

hx_, Sources? I'm pretty sure that's not true, and even if it is, there are far more studies out there that show that THC and CBD induce cell apoptosis (KILL CANCER CELLS).

So, yes...I would think that highly concentrated hemp oil would help treat some cancer.

^Google the US government's patent on cannabinoids as neural protectants. Talk about hypocrisy! And yes,there are plenty of studies out there showing the many benefits of cannabis and its cannabinoids. One needs only to UTFSE.

The head/neck cancer ones are easy to find through Google, although the are other studies directly contradicting them. But the study where it encouraged cancerous growth I cannot find. Bear in mind this was a study on end stage patients with a very specific type of cancer.

hx_, Sources? I'm pretty sure that's not true, and even if it is, there are far more studies out there that show that THC and CBD induce cell apoptosis (KILL CANCER CELLS).

So, yes...I would think that highly concentrated hemp oil would help treat some cancer.

http://theconversation.com/smoking-or-eating-marijuana-is-not-a-cure-for-cancer-24224

It can induce cell apoptosis but, like all cancer treatments, it is dose and delivery dependent - in other words you need to get the right dose in the right spot for it to work. Drugs rarely react in the body in the same way they react in a petri dish.