• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Rhodiola/Ashwagandha to potentiate opiates? (And other potentiators for opiates).

Daddydopedick

Bluelighter
Anybody know much about these two being good for potentiating opiates?

I read about it somewhere, but there was little info. Has anybody here tried it? Same with Cat's Claw, I've heard it's good for prolonging the effectiveness of methadone, but what about other opiates?

There's Curcumin, too. I've read somewhere that it potentiates, potentiators, could this be true?

I've done quite a bit of research and a few threads on here regarding potentiation using things like gabaoebtoids, DXM etc etc. I'm currently interested in what herbal stuff could potentially do like the ones mentioned above and black seed oil (which I actually already have, but haven't touched).

I live in the UK, so things like Tagamet aren't available. If anybody knows much about the above or more, please, let me know! Thanks in advance 👍

Hate Rhodiola but Ashwaghanda is OK.

No clue if it makes Opi's stronger. But does make your piss smell like horse urine.

Rhodiola rosea is awesome. It would make sense that it would potentiate things, since it's a mild RIMA (reversible MAOI).

But be careful you don't potentiate it TOO much. You might end up with some respiratory depression which could give you circulation-related problems.

Rhodiola rosea is awesome. It would make sense that it would potentiate things, since it's a mild RIMA (reversible MAOI).

But be careful you don't potentiate it TOO much. You might end up with some respiratory depression which could give you circulation-related problems.
Other than demerol or tramadol (and anything else that has serotonergic effects), maois don't usually interact too much with opioids.

CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 (the garbage chute cyp, it has the biggest active site and broadest range of substrates), are involved in metabolism of opiates.

CYP2D6 is necessary for the bio activation of codeine and tramadol.

RIMA I' ll have to do a search to find out what it is.

Ashwaganda or KSM-66 both are very stimulating to me and make me experience sedatives a lot less. It's like an explosion of testosterone for me to the point of actually giving me anxiety. Not everyone has this reaction but many do, or experience anhedonia after awhile of taking it even though it helps them.

I only tried it a few times, KSM-66 didn't give me the extreme testosterone boost reaction like ashwaganda gummies did the few times I took it. I didn't really feel that much, mild anxiety relief, maybe.

Ashwaganda or KSM-66 both are very stimulating to me and make me experience sedatives a lot less. It's like an explosion of testosterone for me to the point of actually giving me anxiety. Not everyone has this reaction but many do, or experience anhedonia after awhile of taking it even though it helps them.

I only tried it a few times, KSM-66 didn't give me the extreme testosterone boost reaction like ashwaganda gummies did the few times I took it. I didn't really feel that much, mild anxiety relief, maybe.
About to try the KSM-66 version. As the grounded powder did nothing but make my piss smelly. Ime Ashwhaganda is neither stimulating or relaxing. The effect on libido though is quite apperent.

Personally I found little difference between KSM and ashwagandha. A lot of people actually report dysphoria after taking it for awhile

The first time it really worked personally. Didn´t effected my sleep, but felt positive and strong. Maybe it was the Testosterone boosting effect I felt. Never happened again so now I am trying the KSM-66 extract of 7%.

I'll report back.

First it's the KSM-66 5% my mistake ) version 300mg 2x a day. And strangely this Ashwhaganda doesn't make my urine smell like Horse piss. Well I'll keep taking this for a while and see if there is a difference.

Last edited:
The first time it really worked personally. Didn´t effected my sleep, but felt positive and strong. Maybe it was the Testosterone boosting effect I felt. Never happened again so now I am trying the KSM-66 extract of 7%.

I'll report back.
Ashwaghanda lowers cortisol, I feel super relaxed on it but if I take too much I end up not doing anything because I feel so lazy

I was just discussing this in another thread. If you're looking for a potentiator for Methadone, the SSRI Fluvoxamine (Luvox) is of the most potent around. If you do some research you will read the same. Folks maintained on Methadone who then inducted on Fluvoxamine have ended up in the ED with symptoms of mild overdose. I have done this myself. I have a lot of experience and I will say that Fluvoxamine is a major potentiator for Methadone specifically.

I've run out of Fluvoxamine before and was sent into full-blown withdrawal 3 days after my last dose. Keep in mind, I'm taking my normal dose of Methadone every morning throughout this process, still sick.

If you want a potentiator, there's the best one out there. Just know that you'll end up raising your tolerance to Methadone significantly and will also be dependent upon Fluvoxamine which can greatly complicate things.

People talk a lot about potentiators, including myself. The problem is, for an Opioid-dependent individual, there tolerance to the higher dose will catch up with them in 4-5 days at most. You will then be in this same situation again. I just want to give you both sides man. More is not the answer.