• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Rhodes hydromorphone (Dilaudid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pembroke

Bluelighter
My pharmacy just switched to Rhodes (I think, my bottle is in the closet locked up) brand hydromorphone, and they swear it's the same as the Abbott or Malinkroft genetics I've been on, but it's knocking me on my ass. Now, I did have to reduce my intake by half for the last week to make it to my appointment, but I don't feel like my tolerance should have shifted this far. These are the oral tablets - I've been trying to come off of the dilaudid hp injection and go back to oral meds for a few months and am doing a partial shift now, taking the tablets during the day and the IM injection only at bedtime, and I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this when switching between generics. I do know a lot of people report that the name brand drugs have higher potency, but this is just going from one generic to another.

Now one I don't know what to do. I'm on weekly appointments right now because of some med changes, and part of me thinks I should adjust my dose down... but then what happens if the pharmacy switches back to the other brand of 8's, and I end up screwed? Ugh. Why isn't this stuff more tightly regulated so that there's not such a big change between brands? So dumb.

I'm clearly rambling. Has anyone else had a major shift in usefulness in pharmaceuticals based on brand, beyond using the actual name brand? This is kind of new for me because I've been on the same brands forever.

Many will argue, but there is a difference in the amount of discrepancy in the states dose and actual dose a pill air have were brand names should have less of an allowance of a difference while genetics can have q larger range of having more or less so it's possible that there is anywhere from a tenth of a milligram to half a milligram difference possibly even a while milligram where if you are at a two mg dose that could be a huge difference especially injected even if it's IM vs IV. Someone more educated in the topic can give you a better range of the possibility of the amount of hydromorphone in the pill.

Status
Not open for further replies.