• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Restless arms syndrom?

justtakethat

Bluelighter
Does anyone else get restless in there arms if they are withdrawling? U always here about restless legs but when i had my worst withdrawls i had the feeling way more in my upper arms almost near shoulder area and some restless legs. The legs didnt really compare to how restless my arms were, doe anyone elae get it in there arms? Im assuming its not nearly as common

Not during WD but because of certain meds yes i have had restless arms and restless fingers and restless fucking everything! Certain anticholinergics such as Dimenhydrinate can trigger this in me. It usually starts in my legs, then my arms and goes right down into my fingers. I know other people who have gotten this too so it's not uncommon really as a symptom of opiate withdrawal or a side effect of certain meds.

RLS is one thing i have found Pregabalin and Gabapentin to work great for. I would suggest trying one of those meds (preferably Lyrica as it kicks in faster) if this is a problem for you. For restless legs or arms you only need to take it as needed to so you don't have to worry about becoming dependant on these meds

Not during WD but because of certain meds yes i have had restless arms and restless fingers and restless fucking everything! Certain anticholinergics such as Dimenhydrinate can trigger this in me. It usually starts in my legs, then my arms and goes right down into my fingers. I know other people who have gotten this too so it's not uncommon really as a symptom of opiate withdrawal or a side effect of certain meds.

RLS is one thing i have found Pregabalin and Gabapentin to work great for. I would suggest trying one of those meds (preferably Lyrica as it kicks in faster) if this is a problem for you. For restless legs or arms you only need to take it as needed to so you don't have to worry about becoming dependant on these meds
Thats good to keep in mind but im not gunna be gettinf addicted to opiates again i just wasnt thinking when i used for a week straight now i always space out. Benzos anr alchohol also helped me.

Oh hell yes my arms are always restless. But it may just be my ADHD. Like paranoid android says, pregabalin and gabapentin will most likely relieve it

i've never experienced opioid/opiate WD but i have taken a high dose of DPH in the past which triggered it in my right leg and right arm.

it was pure torture so in that state i searched looking for answers. obviously the best thing was a GABAergic but i came across a thread in which a guy said he chainsmoked 6 cigs and it went away(DPH induced)

so i smoked a cig and it cured it in my leg. i still had it slightly in my arm but it wasn't bad enough to keep me from sleep.

the anticholinergic effect of the DPH is responsible for this and cigarettes reverse the anticholinergic effect so maybe try smoking one or two and see if it helps.

somehow i doubt cuz the WD state is far more intense than the anticholinergic state i'm sure aha

i've never experienced opioid/opiate WD but i have taken a high dose of DPH in the past which triggered it in my right leg and right arm.

it was pure torture so in that state i searched looking for answers. obviously the best thing was a GABAergic but i came across a thread in which a guy said he chainsmoked 6 cigs and it went away(DPH induced)

so i smoked a cig and it cured it in my leg. i still had it slightly in my arm but it wasn't bad enough to keep me from sleep.

the anticholinergic effect of the DPH is responsible for this and cigarettes reverse the anticholinergic effect so maybe try smoking one or two and see if it helps.

somehow i doubt cuz the WD state is far more intense than the anticholinergic state i'm sure aha
Would this work even if i dont normally smoke and am not addicted?

well if smoking a cig magically cured RLS symptoms then we may have found a breakthrough in opiate WD :D.

but somehow I doubt it's so easy, as Ive said I've never experienced it and don't plan to, however, you can give it a try.

I'm not saying pick up smoking, rather, smoking helped me get through that time I experienced RLS.

maybe it's the nicotine or maybe it's the other alkaloids in the smoke? who knows?

maybe try consuming some nicotine from an e-cig or chewing some nicotine gum.

I was just saying it helped with my exp so maybe it'll help with yours.

well if smoking a cig magically cured RLS symptoms then we may have found a breakthrough in opiate WD :D.

but somehow I doubt it's so easy, as Ive said I've never experienced it and don't plan to, however, you can give it a try.

I'm not saying pick up smoking, rather, smoking helped me get through that time I experienced RLS.

maybe it's the nicotine or maybe it's the other alkaloids in the smoke? who knows?

maybe try consuming some nicotine from an e-cig or chewing some nicotine gum.

I was just saying it helped with my exp so maybe it'll help with yours.
I wonder if it will help me as i dont smoke and my body doesnt nornally need nicotine.

Restless arms are part of the RLS symptoms even though the name implies to legs :)

It is often the most severe RLS cases that have also restless arms.

Actually as Nicotine is of course a Nicotinic acetylcholine receptor agonist while Diphenhydramine is a muscarinic acetylcholine receptor antagonist it wouldnt reverse the effects of DPH as Nicotine has no effect on the muscarinic receptor. Granted as Nicotine acts on Dopamine as well it could relieve some of the effects of RLS.

Believe it or not i actually found medication induced RLS to be worse then Opiate withdrawal induced RLS. Usually Clonazepam is enough to help Opiate wd induced RLS and if that fails 400mg's of Gabapentin will do the trick. But with some anticholinergics Clonazepam didn't seem to help the RLS and Gabapentin only helped after i took about 1600mg's of it. Oddly enough some anticholinergics such as Dicycloverine and Scopolamine don't trigger RLS in me so perhaps RLS is only triggered by antagonism of certain Muscarinic receptors.

That is pure fucking torture in either case. Fuck pacing the floor and getting RLS even when you are up walking around.