• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Respiratory Depression while feeling and looking fully functional?

Soulfake

Bluelighter
I wanted to ask if there is a chance of a fatal respiratory depression while you are feeling perfectly functional (normal breathing, walking, nobody realizing that you took drugs etc.)?

For example today I took 12 10mg scoops of U47700 (which are probably more like 60mg if not less as the powder is very fluffy and once I weighed out 10 scoops which was about 50mg, it is about 7 times more potent than morphine in animal tests if you haven´t heard about it) and took 1 10mg scoop of Methyl-Clonazepam as well as the rest of the powder of one empty 100mg bag of it (rubbing the small finger through it, probably just a few mg, quite sure not more than 5-10) + 3,5g Phenibut, a few slugs of Vodka (maybe 1-2 small spirit glasses at all, really not much) and every 30min a hit of a few mg of weak synthetic cannabinoids + 2 Validol tablets (each 60mg Menthylvalerate, an ester of valeric acid which is a bit stronger than Valerian itself) + about 50-100mg Kanna/Sceletium Tortuosum as well as about 7 cups of coffee and 2 teas with about 1g Gotu Kola and Chamomille)

I still (as usual) feel fully functional (I generally never had a blackout or even strong impared walking etc. from any kind of drugs, but I usually try to be responsible with dosages). I can walk normal and nobody realizes that I took any drugs (which I find quite strange, I wasn´t sober for about 7 years from synthetic cannabinoids (morning till evening) and since 3 years I take Kratom+Phenibut every day as well as Benzo´s for a few weeks with a few days off to keep tolerance low, until now really nobody realized that I´m high all the time and people even said I don´t look like somebody who would ever take drugs etc.)

Is it even possible to get a dangerous respiratory depression when sleeping if I was "seemingly" as functional as described above? I have big problems with going to sleep every time I take combinations like this as I always think I could stop breathing so I always drink quite much coffee to somewhat improve lung functioning (I read a study where caffeine was almost as good as Naloxone against RD). I think if I would take double as much as described above I would start to get more serious problems with walking or slurred speech etc., but at the moment I feel almost "sober" in the sense that I´m not really pleased with the feeling and would need way more to get real euphoria or even nodding etc.

I´m gonna take about 1g more Phenibut over the evening as well as about 3-4 10mg scoops of U4700 and maybe a few mg of the Methyl Clonazepam as I feel almost a bit nervous at the moment (I´m on Kratom withdrawal since about 2 days, I took about 20-35g of very high quality Kratom daily over the last month, that´s why I took so much U4, usually I only take a few 10mg scoops over the day if at all as there is no withdrawal because the half life is long over after sleeping more than 7 hours).

Would you say that my actual consumption today is already very dangerous or is it only problematic if I (and people around me) can feel that I am not sober anymore and begin to feel very stoned etc. with impaired walking, strong nodding etc. or can it happen that I go to sleep and suddenly get fatal respiratory depression?

Last edited:
Yes, just as if there have been sudden sleep attacks reported while people were fully functional with D2/D3 agonists like pramipexole and ropinirole. Please be careful.

Your breathing and consciousnesses are separate functions in your brain. Just because you may perceive yourself to be very aware, doesn't mean your breathing isn't dangerousliy shallow.

Thanks for the advice! I didn´t knew that.

Luckily nothing went wrong, yesterday I took again about 50-80mg U4 + 4-6g Pheni + ~30-50mg Methyl-Clonazepam (never took that much, usually 100mg last me about one month) as I had really strong muscle pain but had to go to my natural health professional course as I paid really much for it and had important topics that day (strangely I appeared and felt much more "sober" than on high doses Kratom), in the evening when I came home I took the most of the Methy-Clona and a bit less of the U4 and after a few hours I had a really strong muscle relaxation, it was really fun walking/"falling" around my room but kept to stay awake enough hours so some of the U4 was gone out of my system and drunk quite much coffee, I layed down at 4:30 to "look" if I would be able to sleep as I still had a bit muscle pain but then I suddenly fell asleep but nothing bad happened, today my Kratom arrived and I feel like reborn again, it´s really strange how addicted I am to the stuff, usually I could stop taking it after taking less over a few days but the Kratom I had last month was so potent that not even the U4+Methyl-Clona+Pheni could cut off the withdrawal completely (although I only had quite unpleasend muscle pain and restlesness, psychologically I felt quite good (although "emotional" which is quite unusual for me, maybe because I suppress it with the K. ), even refreshed from the time I took so much Kratom.

But I wont dose that much again, it´s just too dangerous and now I´ll just take less Kratom so I wont have that bad withdrawals again (high dose Kratom over long time also isn´t really that pleasent, for me it´s just like coffee where I "have" to drink one cup after the other after I started but I´ll have to learn a bit more self discipline which is my biggest problem for such things)

Last edited:
We don't know a hell of a lot about these novel Opioids that have become available. We've been using and loving Morphine for almost 200 years and Opium for thousands of years previously. We understand these drugs quite well and understand both the acute and chronic effects. Regarding U-4, there's really no telling. We understand that certain Opioids, for instance, Methadone, are known to cause proprotionately higher levels of respiratory depression in relation to analgesia, so it's certainly possible that U-4 possesses these qualities, but who knows really.

I think if we are to examine the substance as just another of many minorly different Opioids, we can assume that if you are awake, alert and possess all of your executive functioins, it's unlikely that you're going to die from lethal respiratory depression. I've yet to hear of this being an issue with U-4 for what it's worth, but this all must be taken with a grain of salt.