• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Respiratory depression and dosage

flakrun

Bluelighter
Hello everyone.

I have been taking a bit oxy here and there in the last few weeks, with a few days in between each use. With this my tolerance grew of course, which requires me to space out doses, and sometimes take more.

As I took higher doses I had the impression that my breath was getting slower to the point that I would get anxious about it every time i was using. Because of this I would like to hear your point of view on this topic.

So I have been using 40 mg last night. But what if I used 50-60 mg or more, when should I actually start to worry, and what dose could potentially be fatal, and result in me not breathing? I know LD50 is pretty high, but does it take cns depression into consideration as well ?

(Im not getting any type of nod or anything like that).

As long as you are not taking any other sedative drugs or alcohol you aren't really in any danger here. You're experiencing the normal CNS depressant effects.

Opioid death LD50 only occurs from respiratory depression, that's how it kills, and in general this always occurs once you fall unconscious.

If you aren't nodding, you are in no danger.

As long as you are not taking any other sedative drugs or alcohol you aren't really in any danger here. You're experiencing the normal CNS depressant effects.

Opioid death LD50 only occurs from respiratory depression, that's how it kills, and in general this always occurs once you fall unconscious.

If you aren't nodding, you are in no danger.
Thank you so much for the reply, helped lessen my anxiety a bit. I struggle with anxiety a lot, so I'm overthinking largely. Wish you a good night