View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Resolution of acacia confusa goo

h2no

Greenlighter
I have seen many reports of people extracting DMT from acacia confusa yielding goo. I don't think this goo can be safely consumed. The goo can be separated from the DMT in the following manner. -Reduce the goo at room temperature as much as possible. -Place the goo in the smallest glass or metal container possible (the approximately 1.5" in diameter condiment cups from restaurants are effective). -Add ~30ml naptha/gram of goo. -Place the naptha/goo container in a shallow hot water bath (away from open flames) and stir contents throughly. -If a small amount of red/brown sludge forms at the bottom and won't dissolve further remove and discard the sludge while saving the naptha solution. -Place the small container of naptha solution in a shallow dish of room temperature water, cover, and place in the freezer at the coldest setting possible. Be careful to avoid mixing the naptha in the small cup with the water in the dish. Leave this in the freezer undisturbed a couple of days. -Remove from the freezer. You should now have the small container of naptha and crystals surrounded by a block of ice. While everything is very cold remove the naphtha with an eye dropper leaving behind the solids. -Wiggle the small cup of solids out of the ice block and air dry the solids. -Scrape the crystals from the small container. -Repeat this process if necessary.

Acacia confusa goo is high in NMT but it is safe to consume
This is simply the process for a freeze precipitation but I have not been able to get crystals from a. confusa using an a/b tek with freeze precip.
What original extraction tek did you use?

.:Holy::Toast:. said:
Acacia confusa goo is high in NMT but it is safe to consume
I doubt you could strip all of the solvent from the viscous goo. It's also unlikely the goo is NMT. I think the properties of naptha, the ph of NaOH, and the partition coefficients of DMT and NMT make this extraction favor DMT. Someone with formal education would no more than me. Also NMT is a solid white crystal in freebase form.
Shulgin in TIHKAL said:
N-methyltryptamine as a white oil that spontaneously set up to white crystals of the free base. These rapidly darkened on exposure to air. The infra-red spectral fingerprint was (in cm-1): 740, 1018, 1103, 1132, 1161. The literature mp is 90 °C.
Safe is subjective. I consider vaporizing unknown containments with traces of solvent unsafe.
This is simply the process for a freeze precipitation but I have not been able to get crystals from a. confusa using an a/b tek with freeze precip.
Yes, this is a freeze recrystallization with a few specializations. The amount of solvent is ~30ml/gram of goo, so the solution is very saturated. The cup of solvent is deep relative to volume minimizing surface area. The crystals form undisturbed. The solvent is kept extremely cold by the ice block while removing the maximum amount of solvent with an eye dropper.
What original extraction tek did you use?
A: (citric acid ph ~4) simmered ~2 hours X3=>B: (NaOH ph ~13) =>naptha pulls =>sodium carbonate rinse=>distilled H2O rinse x2=>room temperature evaporation. In general this yielded goo at first. The above freeze recrystallization of the goo produced crystals.

Last edited:
Yes, acacia goo would be very unsafe to consume. It would contain even in gel form high levels of lye and solvent, even after a week of evaporation. All a person would have to do is throw some of the goo in some liquid and check the ph, quite likely above a ph of 10. This could seriously throw off the body ph and render a person with many hours of sweating, heart irregularities, blurred vision, loss of body temp regulation, ph balance control & muscle control, etc. Could be a potential nightmare. Gel and goo's are very unsafe orally, unlike a purified dry crystal. Avoid like the plague, if going to use anything orally in dreams, would imagine stick with Peruvian or Hawaiian leaf tea, avoid poisonous bark gels, goo's and the like -- highly unsafe.

Last edited:
I could never get the goo to recrystallize or be "worth it" in a sense but I was well versed in the MHRB but thats easy stuff compared to this. I have tried grinding down my own shredded stuff from 2 different vendors with no luck but thats also because i am spoiled due to the "golden age of MHRB."

Just so people are aware you most likely will need to perform extra steps to get what you want. Its very frustrating getting the gel out of the pull and i even defatted and what not. I used hydrochloric acid and my pH meter and kept all parameters in the ranges required and still got goo. Just so everyone understands it will not be as simple as it use to be it seems like ya gotta want it now. Also there is a large difference between fatty goo and liquid crystals, most of my MHRB extractions would yield a white or yellow goo that would solidify at room temp into a solid powder and crystals would form in the slower to evaporate places. I use to freeze out until my friends freezer could no longer be used for my purposes.

Glad you found a way around it though :)

A separation funnel makes this process a lot easier.

Separatory_funnel_1.jpg

You found an awesome thread on DMT acacia confusa goo tregar. I presume recrystallizing via freeze precipitation in small volumes of naphtha could produce solid crystals from the acacia confusa DMT goo. Then, you could get DMT crystals from the acacia confusa goo. I plan on attempting this in the future.