• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Resetting your Tolerance?

Nanneelix

Greenlighter
Is it possible to reset your body to the tolerance it was when first started doing opiods? I have had no meds for 2 weeks, except Gabapentin, Tizanadine, Meloxicam, and Imodium (no Imodium since last Wed). So is it possible that my tolerance will have dropped in that length of time? I was taking Oxycodone 10/325, 6 - 8 a day. I have a script for them 180 per 30 days. I get my new script on Saturday. I do legitimately need them for a back injury from a car accident in 2010. But as my tolerance has grown I've run out sooner than I should have. I'm hoping that by not having them for almost 2 weeks that I reset my clock so to speak. Thanks for any knowledge from anyone!!

I used to run out early so much that I was off oxycodone more than on. It wasn't until I quit for a good couple months did tolerance reset. Every person is different though. What you can try is rotating the oxy with your other meds so you won't take so many.

Have you been in withdrawals for those 2 weeks?? If not I suggest getting off the oxycodone ASAP.. you?re on a slippery slope right now and can either turn into a lifetime opiate addict or can stop now and walk away without withdrawals.

If I had it to do over I would have never filled that first Norco prescription. 15 years later I?m still an opiate addict.

I know I went off topic here.. but this is honest advice for ya that I wish someone would have said to me.

Yes I've been in withdrawal these 2 weeks. I have been on norco 5, 7.5, and 10 mg and then switched to 10mg percocet. I have been on them since 2010 for a severe back injury from a car accident. The last 2 months I have run out early. Last month was just a couple of days and I had some suboxone so I didn't go into withdrawals. This month I have been out 2 weeks. Gabapentin, Tizanadine, Meloxicam, to get thru, it's not been horrible, but not comfortable for sure! As I'm sure you totally understand ?