• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Resetting Tolerance

Bloodborne1

Bluelighter
I completely and utterly can comprehend that there isn’t a magical pill one can consume and instantaneously reset opioid tolerance. Be that as it may, I am curious of some methods or tricks to work on reducing opioid tolerance. I don’t know of any medication, techniques, etc etc. that allegedly reduce tolerance. No matter what large quantities I take of an opioid in conjunction with potentiating medications on an empty stomach, I can’t even get a mild buzz anymore (let alone get exceptionally high). Besides the obvious “go an extensive amount of time without taking an opioid” can someone assist me by listing the ways of supposed opioid tolerance reduction? Thanks in advance!

Reducing your dose to one which only just keeps you well and stay on that for a while without getting high will lower your tolerance.
Depending on the opiate, grapefruit juice or dxm can help, but that's mainly potentiating.

Long tolerance break, an uncomfortable and possibly dangerous ibogaine experience, or ultra low dose naloxone.

Those are pretty much your only options and the only one guaranteed to work is a long T break.

There is no sure fire way of resetting tolerance. Even if you manage to bring it back to a zero value, after scant uses you will be right back to the same tolerance level as before. I've heard of ibogaine managing to fix this problem but it's hit or miss and flood doses of ibogaine aren't a safe or comfortable experience.