• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Research Chemicals

Bi_guy

Greenlighter
So I came out of a ver6 long term meth addiction almost a year ago now, realised after lots of reading and studying that I have almost all the possible signs of OCD and ADHD and went on to contacting my doctor about getting a review and getting myself sorted. The problem is because of the meth problem, it seems I would of been put at the very end of the waiting list and didn't get a review, was refused first time. The review itself, well the waiting list is almost 2 years long, and a private review would cost 600 pounds, deciding to do some further research and found a chemical research compound closely related to Ritalin which was 4f-mph, which was legal until a few moths ago. I took two very small tablets a day, on reviewing dosage and regularity on the web for people with these symptoms, and it worked. Now with the ban in place, Im pretty much fucked as to what to do, I won't get a review for at least 2 years if I'm lucky, I can't get the research chemical now because no one sends to the UK so I'm pretty screwed. Whats peoples thoughts, opinions on how i should deal with this situation? I don't want to break any laws, on the other hand I feel like I've been let down by the NHS too. Rant over.:X

Sorry to hear about your problems. Because you're a recovering meth addict, unfortunately they won't ever want to prescribe anything with addictive potential, which includes most (but not all) of the common ADHD treatments.

You should certainly persevere getting the correct diagnosis - get your name on the waiting list. Otherwise going private if you can afford it might be better.

You're not alone with the difficulties you're facing, many many people struggle for years to get properly diagnosed, especially if they're adults or their symptoms are not overtly hyperactive.

Did you ever try the non-addictive drugs modafinil or atomoxetine for your symptoms? Also how about meditation/mindfulness?

Moving to >> BDD

-Hops onto High Horse-

My opinion on your situation is that you're a stimulant addict with an unquenched thirst for stimulants. Not everyone who has ADHD must be medicated with powerful stimulants. That's a joke in my opinion. I'm a Heroin addict myself and wouldn't you know it, I would love to have an MD look me in the eye and say, "You know what, I'd like to prescribe you your drug of choice". I don't blame you for having the desire. We're addicts and our brains are hard-wired to crave our drugs.

What you need to do is approach this problem with as little bias as possible. Ask yourself whether you really want to dive back into a stimulant addiction. Truthfully, just like myself, being a drug addict, you are unlikely to ever be able to use a prescription for your DOC responsibly and you probably know this. As far as delving into the research chemical market to satiate your cravings, I would seriously advise against this as well.

Research chemicals are usually not incredibly harmful and some even have records of limited medical use, but they are still not as well studied as our old mainstays like Amphetamine for instance. We can't possibly be aware of the long-term effects of many of these substances, so setting out to adapt your addiction to RC's isn't a good idead. I think RC's are best used as chemical novelties, but shouldn't be abused due to our relative lack of knowledge on them.

In all honesty, if you're looking to reestablish your stimulant use, you'd probably be better off using Methamphetamine as opposed to some of these obscure compounds.

Those are both great posts and really hope you consider their words when deciding how to proceed. I cant add much except to say the treatments for OCD and ADHD are different so maybe you will not even require a stimulant. Also dont take meth again.

But real talk, 2 years or 600 for some Ritalin? Its probably easier to book a flight to the US and find a doc here. We hand them out like candy. (Dont do this either).

Provigil is completely unscheduled in UK, CFC?

Still unscheduled I think kitty, although the new law to which OP is referring was at one point supposed to raise it to Class C; not sure why it didn't. So, legal to buy and possess, illegal to sell.

rather than dragging yourself back down that same path to dependence, consider meditation, yoga, and diet. i have two friends with adhd and you really can't tell the one who takes pills apart from the one who just looks after himself. just a thought.