• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Research Chemical Opioids?

one of my first lab jobs (after freshman year of college) was working with the general chemistry lab director. which was fine until he wanted me to do "a project that he'd been thinking about." i think our signals got crossed because he assumed that i had a masters in organic chemistry. the background reading was my first clue, then i was exposed when i couldn't name a compound just by glancing at a gaschromatogram (is that right? its been a while). anyway, i ended up working with a crapload of ether. they were afraid to leave me alone because i might blow the place up.

so, i suggest ether - it used to be an anesthetic and the doc in cider house rules sure liked it.
you don't need much chemistry knowledge - just a graduated cylinder, that magnet stir bar and some sort of flask.

im telling this tale because even if you have a pair of lab goggles, a lab coat and a full chem lab stocked with pyrex lab ware and a bunsen burner, i don't think you could look in a catalog and order up the stuff you would need to synthesize a true opiate, unless you are being set up by the dea. also, its not like meth - its made in a "lab" but im pretty sure one trip to home depot would arm you with the needed ingredients.

if you are a chemistry genius and can synthesize a good ass rc opiod, don't tell anyone, move to a cave like osama bin lauden and come up with some complex method of distributing it and packaging it. become a chemical mcgyver - tell people that they can make it by mixing chewing gum, paint thinner, vitamin c and thumb tacks - this will throw people off your trail.

i know im being a smart ass but i would love to get a hold of an opiod rc and that would exist for more than a milisecond before being shot down but i know that wonderful things like opiods in test tubes and unicorns just aren't real.

also, if you are a chemistry genius, what is a flux capacitator?

Osama Bin Laudenum Ho Ho Ho =D

Your chewing gum and thumb tacks comment had me laughing so hard, thank you.

If you want something legal, you might be better off buying or attempting to grow Kratom, or perhaps get a field of Setigerum poppies.....Setigerum is NOT a controlled plant and may fly under the radar because it isnt a true opium poppy. The pods are TINY but you can get a dozen of them per plant, and the whole plant has opiate latex. It does contain opiates or opiate analogs, but it isnt a real poppy plant. Its the only other poppy with true opiate properties, unlike prickly poppy or oriental which have an effect but is different.

The latex is 40% of the potency of standard somni latex, but you get a lot more latex. Its a lot shorter and overall smaller, but bushier with many pods.

You could get an entire field of them growing in plain sight and it likely would be a non issue even if you were caught, unless they caught you trying to extract it.....the latex might be similar enough to get you busted for its similarities to the real thing even though it isnt the real thing.

You can lace rolling papers with the latex and smoke it for an added opium effect.

A journalist, a lab tech, an organic chemistry professor, several members of my chronic pain/codeine OTC political organisation in North America and myself printed up "Opioid Bingo" cards during the short burst of supply-chain chaos after the Euro and all of the Schengen Treaty came in on 1. January 2002 . . . a couple of thiambutenes, propiram, dimenoxadol, and diampromide would give me a frame around the outside of the card, On the other hand, I am way behind at Benzodiazepine Bingo and won Antihistamine & Anticholinergic Bingo by April of that year . . .

What would really float my boat would be a dipipanone/phenadoxone analogue. Or the real Mc Coy. The owners of the apotheke where I get my pain medications were discussing dipipanone the week of the Brexit vote with myself and another customer who was really in favour of following suit with Auxeunt and I do think that at least at that time, it was available in the Netherlands and Denmark, which the new law allowed them to fetch for me but it was hard to come by even then. It may have been Luxembourg. I think it is Denmark and the Czech Republic which use phenadoxone, a very close relative, or at least they did. Aside from that, I think dipipanone is a NHS Less Suitable for Prescribing medication like pentazocine in the UK and is rather popular in South Africa.

::scratches head::

It's not your comment that I'm responding to, it's more the popular philosophy that if opiate RCs are released that it'll be OMG END OF RCs AS WE KNOW IT.

I don't get it? So many novel compounds have been introduced to the market like 4-ACO-DMT which as most of us know is one of the key chemicals in most psychedelic mushrooms.

Then we have the JWH/other cannabinoids which try to mimic the most common and popular drug of all -- marijuana (behind caffeine, APAP, nicotine and alcohol of course!) and it didn't OMG RUIN THE MARKET.

Likely none of us know why that one specific vendor stopped listing o-desmethyltramadol but dare I say lack of popularity? Expensive synth costs?

Anyways, I'm just under the opinion it won't be the end of the world if something is sold that's an opiate. I personally hope it would have the mg:mg strength of something typically street known (think hydro/oxycodone) that way what we all fear -- a bunch of Darwin awards, wouldn't occur.

mmmm . . . ether. Because of various metabolic quirks and so forth, if they need to put me under general anaesthesia their choices are ether, chloroform, and the levorphanol-nitrous oxide technique from the late 1940s, and presumably a highball glass of šljivovica and a whack on the noggin with a ball-peen hammer . . . when I was getting some supernumerary teeth removed a while ago, I was still bright-eyed and bushy-tailed after three blasts of oxymorphone-hyoscine-dextroamphetamine so out came the ether . . . it was nice. Too high-impact to do every day, but I have a bottle at home as I do harm-reduction lectures for heroin users which include purification and testing of street smack, and sometimes ether is the ticket.

Last edited:
Osama Bin Laudenum Ho Ho Ho =D

Your chewing gum and thumb tacks comment had me laughing so hard, thank you.

I heard the other day the story behind the book Secrets of Methamphetamine Manufacture (I am pretty sure that was the one) -- what happened is that the author was thrown in the calaboose for trumped up charges, and he spent his time in the cooler writing that book so that the knowledge would spread like a virus. That is what I would do if I were ever hassled or my physician was threatened into cutting me off my pain medication -- a big, thick 1250-page tome all about narcotics including how-to instructions.

Heh... reading the majority of this thread... wish that stuff would have held true. "Any RC vendor that sold a physically addictive substance would be shut down immediately". Yeah... no. And then, behold, the age of fentanyl analogues began. And verily, Prince will die from a U-4 overdose. And they shall weep, and gnash their teeth, and rue the day RC vendors began to sell RC opioids.

Prince actually got the fentanyl and Upjohn 47700 unawares from counterfeit Vicodin that he got as a backup for legitimate prescriptions for it, I believe? Anyone who has ever been to a Prince concert would have seen that, true to his background as someone who could and did do everything, the dancing part of his performance -- in high-heeled boots -- crossed over into track & field -- I saw him jump at least five metres down and two across from one level of the stage to another several times in a concert, and that has to have been really hard on the skeleton.

How horrible -- it is really too much to take . . . Prince not only was a musician who could play every instrument and do every job in movie making amongst so much else, but he was turning the corner as a very original and relevant theologian and philosopher, at least on a par with Spinoza or Locke already. It has been a very, very bad 10 years or so with music; I think it started with Michael Jackson and also added to it were natural cause deaths like Leonard Cohen and others . . . add it all up and one probably has a good fraction of a millenium of irreplaceable work and experience . . .

I know it was an accident, but that really just reinforces my point... that RC opioids were a horrible idea, that people in the creation of this thread were scoffing at as something that would never happen.

RIP Prince, you glorious man.

It sounds like there is nothing good about Upjohn 47700 -- I was aware of the research a while ago and how it was put on the shelf, and it may be 750 per cent the potency of morphine, but it is corrosive as all get out and I can imagine any number of allergic reactions people may have to it . . . I guess the Analogues Act and things like that play a rôle in all sorts of problems like this as there is a scraping of the bottom of the barrel which must go on. If I owned an RC firm, I would be evangelising for acetylmorphone and beating the drums for more research upon, and therefore making, morphine esters like dibenzoylmorphine, old school things which are almost gone like dihydromorphine (at least as an end product) and both codeine level and stronger synthetics in the same families as the moramides, ketobemidone, piritramide, dipipanone, dimenoxadol, maybe some lower toxicity prodines, and tramadol and tapentadol could be some very good leads to follow too. . .the methadols are still out there too . . .

Prince actually got the fentanyl and Upjohn 47700 unawares from counterfeit Vicodin that he got as a backup for legitimate prescriptions for it, I believe? Anyone who has ever been to a Prince concert would have seen that, true to his background as someone who could and did do everything, the dancing part of his performance -- in high-heeled boots -- crossed over into track & field -- I saw him jump at least five metres down and two across from one level of the stage to another several times in a concert, and that has to have been really hard on the skeleton.

How horrible -- it is really too much to take . . . Prince not only was a musician who could play every instrument and do every job in movie making amongst so much else, but he was turning the corner as a very original and relevant theologian and philosopher, at least on a par with Spinoza or Locke already. It has been a very, very bad 10 years or so with music; I think it started with Michael Jackson and also added to it were natural cause deaths like Leonard Cohen and others . . . add it all up and one probably has a good fraction of a millenium of irreplaceable work and experience . . .

On par with Locke....????

As an amateur composer I have issues with his music, and whatever he is selling is more than music (almost like Scriabin in sense, though im hardly equating Prince and Scriabin)

Last edited:
It think its a number of factors really. Part of it is that many opiods require advanced synthesis skills and expensive and or obscure precursors. Further most of the uncontrolled opiods are extremely potent thus you must sell them as impure products for safety reasons. Because of this potency you increase the risk of OD. Further because of the higher risk of death associated with opiods versus hallucinogens and stimulants you have less individuals willing to gamble on a serious lawsuit or criminal charges when a junkie does over do it. Also many vendors are well aware that after several deaths the government would crack down with extreme force in a short amount of time, essentially ending the entire industry. These reasons all support why kratom is legal, very little OD risk, not horribly addictive as leaf, perceived as less dangerous because of its non synthetic nature, etc.

Personally I think you would have to be fucking nuts to play with anything as potent as fentanyl in any form besides a professionally assembled controlled release dosage. Even then its rather sketchy for non-tolerant users.
I think lack of demand as Tchort cited is most definitely not a factor, plenty of RC customers would love to get faded for cheap on novel drugs.
Everything was logical till you struck a coord with a "junkie over does it" you know accidents happen looking for that rush, it can be exactly the same for a stimulant user, I've nearly died going for an ' ultimate crack high' so saying there's a difference between a downer user vs upper is not entirely true. I've known upper users that don't give a Shit except for that high, they'll do anything to get that rush time and time again even in a 24 hour period so for future reference.. use your referencing a little more lightly please junkies are drug users just like everyone else unfortunately there's a lot of stigma regarding "junkies" in the world right now but keep in mind, 100 years ago we still had opium dens even in the US.

All of the above and the fact that carfentanil is already defined as a Weapon of Mass Destruction makes me think that the Chinese so called RC vendors supplying these fentanils and so on may actually be something a lot more sinister, and Uncle Sam seems to love the slow motion chemical warfare attack being launched on his streets with the help of the Mexican cartels and counterfeit pill labs . . .

Yeah with fentanyl appearing in cocaine (three times in the past 3 year in my town), MDMA, for fuck's sake my town even had fake gabapentin pills that were actually fentanyl... you gotta wonder. Although from what I understand, most fent laced heroin uses synthetic fentanyl (not analogues) produced by the Mexican cartels.

The inclusion of fentanyl in E, Meth,The Herb and Bolivian Marching Powder makes no sense to me -- is this actually a workable marketing tactic, or is something else going on? If I had an 8-ball of C-Jam and wanted to do a speedball, I would go to the medicine cabinet and get out my Dilaudid HP or Vilan bottle and a hypo -- prefab speedballs don't strike me as a common product available from retail drugs dealers as everyone has their own ratios and amounts they will need . . .

Some people speculate it was an accident, some dealer/manufacturer with both fentanyl/analogues and cocaine accidentally spilled some fent in here. Seems rather implausible if it has happened multiple times, separated by time, in my area. But fentanyl in cocaine seems so fucking absurd/deadly to me. People expect to be up on coke, and fent is going to reduce that, though add its own brand of euphoria. People tend to chase the coke high quite rapidly, and do a lot. But from a business tandpoint, it makes no sense to kill off your customer base. Perhaps the product of a gross lack of understanding of the drugs in question?

Some people speculate it was an accident, some dealer/manufacturer with both fentanyl/analogues and cocaine accidentally spilled some fent in here. Seems rather implausible if it has happened multiple times, separated by time, in my area. But fentanyl in cocaine seems so fucking absurd/deadly to me. People expect to be up on coke, and fent is going to reduce that, though add its own brand of euphoria. People tend to chase the coke high quite rapidly, and do a lot. But from a business tandpoint, it makes no sense to kill off your customer base. Perhaps the product of a gross lack of understanding of the drugs in question?

I've heard of it in meth too, and I have followed the MDMA pill testing story from the beginning and for some reason it seems like those tablets can have everything but the kitchen sink in them -- not just MDMA and/or other amphetamine variants, but atropine, hyoscine/scopolamine, loperamide, GHB variants, phencyclidine, ketamine, chlorphenamine, dextropropoxyphene, trihexyphenidyl, diphenhydramine . . . all of those things aren't even stimulants for Christ's sake. . . and of course, caffeine, the occasional C-Jam, other psychedelics . . .

My favorite example are these bad boys:Screenshot_20190723-132505_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Jesus. 8( Carfentanyl on the Hofmann anniversary Bicycle Day blotters? Insidious...

How much of that story about the person synthesising pharoahfentanil intending to make blotters of it then getting addicted to his own supply has been verified? It never was explained exactly what it is, and my understanding of the structure-activity relationship of the anilidopiperidine open chain opioids is that it may be possible to make something maybe 15 times stronger than carfentanil but issues of receptor downregulation like with oxymorphazone and others and wicked tachyphylaxis crop up . . . it seems that there are parts of one or more of the mu opioid receptors which are way down in the structure and any drug which has a set of carbons sticking off of the molecule in the right place which can reach that part of the receptor makes the agonist exceptionally strong. Any chance such an opioid molecule can actually get stuck in the receptor and agonise it permanently until it burns out or something?

Lol well Vendors got a bad batch or more like a mistakenly Labelled Batch of some weird Drug Sold to the Vendors as 2F-Viminol which the Reviews for it are not good because it was not 2F-Viminol I don't know if they fixed that problem and it does not have a high potency like fentalogues that will kill you as easily that is. Currently I know of existing ones being the obvious O-DSMT and then Piperidylthiambutene, PRE-084 .HCL, and then there is 2-METHYL-AP-237.HCL they also recently made all the Etonitazene Analogues specifically Isotonitazene which I am glad because I don't want a Vendor accidentally giving Me some of that in my bag or some lol.

But there are A LOT of new Opioids they are making a racemic opioid (which is old news and probably mentioned already in the thread. I forget the name of it but they messed up making it a long time ago. Which caused it to receive bad Reviews and it requires Morphine or something that places it can be made do not have access too on top of it being really hard to make it started with an M something but I do know if they made it successfully it would be VERY VERY expensive and enjoyable I apparently supposed to be like Oxymorphone or some... that might ring some bells about what I'm talking about to someone.

Last edited: