• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Request from The Project - anyone in Melbourne interested in helping out ASAP?

Tronica

Executive Director
Staff member
Hello Australian Drug Discussion folks.

I got a call from The Project today. They are putting together a story in response to the latest findings from the EDRS - the annual Australian ecstasy user monitoring survey. I've just posted the media release of the findings here.

Alma's request is:

The Project is looking into a story about people taking unnamed capsules (off the back of a big report that spoke to 600 regular ecstasy users) and they’d like to get the perspectives of someone that’s taken such drugs.

We don’t need to identify you in name or image and we would be respectful of your privacy and circumstances, it’s more to get a more personal view of the availability of drugs.

We would like to shoot a quick interview in the next day and we would come to you in Melbourne or you could come to our studio.

If you are interested in helping out or have something to say in response to the findings released today, please contact the Producer at:
Ph: (03) 9828 2224
Email: [email protected]

Just a note to everyone here - while Channel 10 are mainstream media, my personal experience with the Project earlier this year on Silk Road was relatively positive. They were genuinely interested in both sides of the drug issue and actively asked about drug law reform. If this call had come from Today Tonight, I would not have agreed to post it. While I can't guarantee what the content / angle of this story will be, I do have slightly more faith in The Project's team to produce something reasonable.

I also don't think that lots of Bluelighters are taking 'unknown capsules'. But you may have some personal insight into this even if it's just through what you've seen in your networks.

Time will tell of course and please only do this if you feel comfortable with it.

Note: they may also interview me for a researcher perspective. We'll see what happens!

Last edited:
wish i was in Melbs, i would love to help! you cant tell me Charlie P. doesnt love his Charlie...

keep up the tops work T! :)

More info? Unknown capsules as in "legal high" or are we talking about caps being sold on the street as "Molly" etc... Very interested but need a bit more info.

Cheers Tronica.

I think they hope to comment on the trend in this report released today that shows a small but growing proportion of Australian ecstasy users report using 'legal high' type capsules without having any idea what they contain, nor being concerned about finding out what they contain.

This trend was reported in the UK over the last 12 months too - I recall people starting taking 'bubble' which really was just some random powder/capsule sold as bubble. Bubble did not refer to a specific drug, but just to whatever was about.

@AyahuascaSeeker13 if you are interested in assisting, call Alma (set your phone not to broadcast its number) and hopefully she can refine what she is looking for.

I think they hope to comment on the trend in this report released today that shows a small but growing proportion of Australian ecstasy users report using 'legal high' type capsules without having any idea what they contain, nor being concerned about finding out what they contain.

This trend was reported in the UK over the last 12 months too - I recall people starting taking 'bubble' which really was just some random powder/capsule sold as bubble. Bubble did not refer to a specific drug, but just to whatever was about.

@AyahuascaSeeker13 if you are interested in assisting, call Alma (set your phone not to broadcast its number) and hopefully she can refine what she is looking for.

Thanks, ill give her a call and see what they are looking for.

jjj plugged this and had a pretty decent segment surrounding the current mdma scene (based around purity and availability for most part, good concentration on people testing their gear) segment a little while ago, as well for those interested.

Would be great to get a level-headed perspective from a Bluelighter out to the public on this issue. Thanks for sharing :)

If I didn't have exams all next week it's very much something I'd be interested in. I actually watch the project everynight it's the only news program I now bother with, it's usually quick to get the facts, light hearted but always balanced.
Also Carrie Bickmore is a foxxxxxx I love her haha. And I'm a fan of both Hughsey and Charlie is one the most reasonable people I hear talk in the media. Can't stand Steve Price though, he would have one of the most backwards views towards drugs out of any one, he's views would be to make it harsher, make it a big criminal offence to have possesion of cannabis so that no one will try that first puff.

How did you go AS13?

I wonder if this'll be about imported RCs or legal highs you might find in shops here?

That show is a joke, and no they aren't "genuinely interested in both sides" of any issue. They are generally interested in themselves. They will fake interest momentarily and then quickly return to joking about irrelevant shit. Worse excuse for a news program ever.

So what if the interest comes from themselves?
You have an interest in drugs because you've experienced them and you don't want the stupid laws around drugs to affect you negatively.
All interest comes from yourself, and just because it is less important to them than you, it doesn't mean this is bad.
It's their job to present news, however trivial or important, personal or impersonal it may be.
If you think a more balanced opinion to the masses is worse than anti-drug propaganda, I'd love to hear why.
The show isn't about drugs. The drug war and RC's aren't even new, they're just getting their turn in the spotlight.
There are more important things going on in other parts of the world, and to be honest I think this whole topic is 'irrelevant shit' but I really would like to know what inspired such a negative connotation you've projected onto the project.
What does it matter to you what other people do, what they watch on TV?
The fact they've interviewed Monica just goes to show me that they're the best excuse for a news program on Commercial TV.

That show is a joke, and no they aren't "genuinely interested in both sides" of any issue. They are generally interested in themselves. They will fake interest momentarily and then quickly return to joking about irrelevant shit. Worse excuse for a news program ever.

It's true it's largely joke based, but I think in the short amount of time they allocate to each topic they cover more content then most other news programs do in the whole show. Normal news programs bore me because they spend time talking about general news too much in the sense they focus on things such as robbery's car crash's etc. Whilst important to get out, I know these things happen on a daily basis so I have no interest in them.

The project is topic based but opposed to the sensationalised approach's that ACA and Today Tonight use they actually give statistics and interview people involved in the area.

And +1 to all of your post deathdomokun

I agree, shit show, bickmore's a spoilt brat.

Oi! This thread isn't about who is this and who is that. How disrespectful to the hosts of the program, the producer, and of course to TRONICA who posted this up.

If you have nothing intelligent to say, shut your mouths and browse some other thread or forum that allows such trash talk.

This is not a debate on who thinks who is a good entertainer, or what is or what is not a good television program.

A LITTLE RESPECT HERE PLEASE.

Hello Australian Drug Discussion folks.

I got a call from The Project today. They are putting together a story in response to the latest findings from the EDRS - the annual Australian ecstasy user monitoring survey. I've just posted the media release of the findings here.

Alma's request is:

If you are interested in helping out or have something to say in response to the findings released today, please contact the Producer at:
Ph: (03) 9828 2224
Email: [email protected]

Just a note to everyone here - while Channel 10 are mainstream media, my personal experience with the Project earlier this year on Silk Road was relatively positive. They were genuinely interested in both sides of the drug issue and actively asked about drug law reform. If this call had come from Today Tonight, I would not have agreed to post it. While I can't guarantee what the content / angle of this story will be, I do have slightly more faith in The Project's team to produce something reasonable.

I also don't think that lots of Bluelighters are taking 'unknown capsules'. But you may have some personal insight into this even if it's just through what you've seen in your networks.

Time will tell of course and please only do this if you feel comfortable with it.

Note: they may also interview me for a researcher perspective. We'll see what happens!

Is it Melbourne specific? They should do this research in Tasmania - unknown capsules is pretty much the market down here...

Oi! This thread isn't about who is this and who is that. How disrespectful to the hosts of the program, the producer, and of course to TRONICA who posted this up.

If you have nothing intelligent to say, shut your mouths and browse some other thread or forum that allows such trash talk.

This is not a debate on who thinks who is a good entertainer, or what is or what is not a good television program.

A LITTLE RESPECT HERE PLEASE.

Your right, sorry. Bickmore just reminds me of someone.

I've had experience with an unnamed capsule, an EX-mate sold me something when I was wasted. Ended up sick for the rest of the night.

First and last experience.