• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Remedies for those come down hot flashes/sweats

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
Any time I use stimulants, especially the stronger ones, when I come down, there will be a few days full of intermittent hot flashes & sweats.
What exactly causes this? High blood pressure? Too high of internal body temperature? I will literally soak my clothes in sweat & smell gross.
Contrary to popular belief, you do not "Detox through sweat". So it's gotta be one of those other 2 options.
Is there any way to make it go away completely or is it just something that's going to happen every time?
Does anyone else have this issue? I seem to sweat & burn up more than the people around me who are also indulging.
It also makes my gums bleed like crazy. I'm not new to stimulants by any means, but it seems these problems have become permanent any & every time I do them. Even one night or day of use will lead to intermittent hot flashes & sweat floods for 2-3 days after. Which really puts me off from even wanting to use them some times.

Last edited:
Any time I use stimulants, especially the stronger ones, when I come down, there will be a few days full of intermittent hot flashes & sweats.
What exactly causes this? High blood pressure? Too high of internal body temperature? I will literally soak my clothes in sweat & smell gross.
Contrary to popular belief, you do not "Detox through sweat". So it's gotta be one of those other 2 options.
Is there any way to make it go away completely or is it just something that's going to happen every time?
Does anyone else have this issue? I seem to sweat & burn up more than the people around me who are also indulging.
It also makes my gums bleed like crazy. I'm not new to stimulants by any means, but it seems these problems have become permanent any & every time I do them. Even one night or day of use will lead to intermittent hot flashes & sweat floods for 2-3 days after. Which really puts me off from even wanting to use them some times.

I'm peri-menopausal (and have been for about seven years 🙄) so welcome to my world! 😁

I've got a thermometer and no matter how hot I feel my body temp is always normal, if not on the low side (which indicates dehydration). I took it last night actually cos I was feeling extra hot, which does coincide with meth comedown.

My guess is emotional stress + dehydration. But honestly, it doesn't faze me I'm that used to hot flashes (just one of the menopausal terms that minimises how uncomfortable the damn thing is).

I'm peri-menopausal (and have been for about seven years 🙄) so welcome to my world! 😁

I've got a thermometer and no matter how hot I feel my body temp is always normal, if not on the low side (which indicates dehydration). I took it last night actually cos I was feeling extra hot, which does coincide with meth comedown.

My guess is emotional stress + dehydration. But honestly, it doesn't faze me I'm that used to hot flashes (just one of the menopausal terms that minimises how uncomfortable the damn thing is).
Maybe I'm going through male menopause. :p
My only conclusion is that it's because my mebotalism gets revved up, thus my body produces more heat.
It's uncomfortable & miserable as fuck, but if that's the case, then one positive way to see it is that at least I'm burning calories I suppose. lol

Maybe I'm going through male menopause. :p
My only conclusion is that it's because my mebotalism gets revved up, thus my body produces more heat.
It's uncomfortable & miserable as fuck, but if that's the case, then one positive way to see it is that at least I'm burning calories I suppose. lol

Are you hydrating enough? I always check the colour of my urine which is a pretty good indicator. But yeah everything gets revved up and "angry" heh.

Are you hydrating enough? I always check the colour of my urine which is a pretty good indicator. But yeah everything gets revved up and "angry" heh.
Trying to. I once gave myself rhabo on a binge & my urine turned dark brown. Ever since then I'm always checking, but I probably still don't hydrate enough. lol

I'm like this. All the time.

Yeah this is me when I crash. lol Throw aching muscles all over & a complete lack of pleasure from anything & it about sums it up. lol