• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Relora interactions?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
I'm interested in trying Relora which is a combination of Magnolia Officinalis and Phellodendron Amurense to relieve cortisol and improve energy and just out of plain curiosity.

It seems to be somewhat similar to Rhodiola Rosea which I am also interested in.

I just wanted to make sure it would be safe to combine with the following drugs and supplements: Lexapro, Klonopin, Melotonin, Kratom, Phenibut, Rhodiola Rosea, alcohol, Allegra D, and possibly Inositol and Chelated Magnesium and L-Theanine and maybe Taurine.

I know that's a lot of shit, but I MOSTLY want to know if it has negative interactions with: Lexapro, Klonopin, Kratom and Phenibut.

It says online that it can increase drowsiness with drugs that can cause it and has anti-anxiety properties...so maybe with Klonopin and Phenibut it could do that, but I only take Phenibut rarely at MOST once a week, usually less....but the Klonopin is more common and I take Lexapro everyday.

For people like Sekio who understand this better, wikipedia says: "The bark contains magnolol[4] and honokiol,[5] two polyphenolic compounds that have been demonstrated as peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPAR gamma) agonists and GABAA modulators. Preclinical studies have evaluated their various potential applications including antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antitumor, and antimicrobial properties.[6]"

"

So....I know that Klonopin is a "Gaba A" drug.

What if anything does this mean about this combo??

Do you think that combining Klonopin, Lexapro and Rolera would be safe??

Also, Relora is a weight loss supplement and I am trying to lose weight but that wouldn't necessarily be my primary reason for taking it...more to manage sleep and cortisol levels but most of all...I'm just plain curious and like to try things lol.

But I am VERY reluctant to use weight loss supplements as most have stimulants and I drink TONS of coffee and use Kratom 3 days a week.

I don't want anything to really mess with me TOO much...but I like to experiment.

Usually I feel like "hell...I experiment with Kratom and Phenibut and Klonopin and other things that are probably more "powerful" than a supplement like this that is probably not mind altering so to speak so how could it hurt me?"

But I am aware that's not always a good way of thinking...even a certain food with a certain drug could be an issue...but knowing me if I hear from a mod around here that it probably isnt' dangerous I'll at least try it out and if I start to feel odd or bad using it I'd stop.

Just want to see if anyone knows anything about it first though.

I know this isn't an interesting drug thread cause you can't get high on this shit, but does anyone know anything about it?

Has anyone ever tried it?

I guess it's not very common but it's similar to Rhodiola Rosea.

Could you elaborate a little? What makes you say it's similar?

Nobody's going to be able to say how it interacts with ~12 different drugs/compounds/supplements taken at various intervals. I would go so far as to say there may not even be the same effects.

The PubMed study I read on it suggests it's an anxiolytic of mild efficacy in athletes under stress during training. That study is of athletes who presumably aren't on other drugs. The active ingredients are thought to be honokiol and berberine, if that helps.

edit:
the study said:
This study was funded by the manufacturer of Relora (Next Pharmaceuticals) and conducted by SupplementWatch. The authors of this paper have no direct financial relationship with Next Pharmaceuticals or with the Relora dietary supplement. ST and JT are employees of SupplementWatch. ST and MP are employees of MonaVie, which markets a dietary supplement containing Relora as one of several ingredients.

How much would you trust a study done by the people trying to sell you the supplements? I am going to put this one in the 'maybe true, but also quite biased' pile.

... honestly, you're already taking a bunch of stuff that should have essentially the same effect. If I were you, I wouldn't bother trying to add more. At some point you just end up with diminishing returns.

If you have problems with not having enough energy, I would start by looking carefully at how you're taking any of the half dozen compounds you listed that have sedative effects.
And on the flipside, here's a bit of a brain buster, why the heck do you need to decrease your cortisol any more if you're taking ~7 compounds that are sedative/anxiolytics?! (lexapro, alcohol, kratom, phenibut, theanine, melatonin, magnesium). Or are you just reading the advertising print and thinking, "hey, that looks cool, I'll buy some"?

Last edited: